Friday 6 May 2011

Lets Do Something Different!

Hello bloggers,

That's what I decided to do! Something different, or at least the same but in a different way. I have run through my local park before, and I have run around Normans Park before, and I have run on Greenway before, but never all in the same run.

I had always said that I would run to Normans Park do one loop and then run home, and today was the day. Of course I had a lazy morning, I got up late, so by the time I was ready it was 12:30 in the afternoon! The sun was blazing in the sky, so, doing the sensible thing, I took some water with me today. (And it's a small reason for to have a quick stop while I glug water!)

Normans Park always seemed a long way away, but when I got there I checked my watch and saw that it was only just about one and a half miles away! I was running up the little bit of road to get into the park when a white van man leaned out of his window and paid me a compliment! Ok, I know, its white van man, but there I was looking very pink in the face and no doubt sweating profusely, with jogging gear on, and my bum bag around my waist. I know I wasn't looking my best, but it still does a old girl a little bit of good!

Once I was in the park I looked around thinking, "Right, this is one mile around, and then its back home" By now I was very warm indeed. There were not that many mad joggers out at this time of the day, there seemed to be only three of us running at this hour. They were running in the opposite direction to me. I was going to try and keep my pace going and see if the next time I passed them I would be directly on the opposite side of the park. But I wasn't going to hold my breath. I got to the top of the park and the first guy had already started to run towards me, and then as I was on the long stretch down the second man had started to run towards me, with a third person behind him, and closely followed by the first guy unless I was having a mirage due to the heat!

Out through the park now, and my legs are feeling heavy, and I am very hot, but if I go back the same way I know that its only about 1 and half miles to go. Not far at all, back in about another 15 to 18 minutes! If I stick to my pace!

Crossing the roads I do need to stop though, they are busy this time of day. Heading on down Southborough I did contemplate going straight down and doing the rest of my usual run, but I thought, that I would stick to my original plan, and then maybe next time add on extra bits!

So through the local park I go, but I run around the other side this time, and down to the end of the park.

Home, with a sprint finish, just as Nagging Sisters voice in my head tells me to do!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment