Tuesday 3 May 2011

Today Was A Good Run!

Hello bloggers.

Today was a very good day, running wise. I cant believe how well I felt while running today. Apart from the sports injury guy telling me I got a weird running style, which is not helping. I knew that really, I do run like some knock kneed duck! So he is going to give me some exercises to do to help strengthen my glutes! (I didn't know what they were, until he slapped his butt! Ah, that explains everything really!!

Apparently in there there are some muscles, that's right, its not all fat that fills out the back of jeans, there are muscles in there. Mine have obviously been hiding somewhere in there for all these years, and are still refusing to come out and play! So the exercises will help them come out and get stronger, and hopefully straighten up my running style!

But apart from that, today I felt really really good. In fact I felt as if I could have gone on and done some more running! I have never had that experience before! After all the runs I have done so far, I was always glad of the end. And then thing that is most frustrating is, I forgot to take my GARMIN! So I have no idea of what pace we were running, or how far we had run. The run leader did say that we were running about three and three quarter miles, so I shall have to go with that.

While we were all waiting for the announcements and group leaders to tell us about where we were running I was getting quite chilled, I was glad that I put on my long sleeved running top this evening. But it felt like it was going to be perfect running weather. Not too hot, not too cold, and not raining, which is good! Not done a lot of wet weather running! Announcements done, people in their groups and then we were off.

I just felt good from the start. There was no thinking about "I got to keep up with these guy, no thinking about the Garmin, because that was on my sideboard at home, I was just going to go with the flow, see how I do.

Running through the woods its even easier to 'not to think' about things, there are no cars to worry about, and the woods look just gorgeous, with the flowers and birds and the smells.....and the tree roots! You just don't realise how far you are running. We were heading for Botany Bay Lane again, which is up hill, but I am still not worrying about it, if I have to walk then so be it!

But, I didn't walk the whole lot, I ran up most of it! I was very pleased with that, but that is where I was having problems with my leg, cramping up and stuff, but I persevered!! And that's where the physio guy noticed my running style!! Well, hopefully the exercise will soon straighten me out!

We got to the top of the hill, and then had a short break for everyone to catch up, that's right, I wasn't the last one today! We carried on up to the top of the hill and then turned right, we are going to continue our run through the woods. I am still feeling pretty strong, and feel as if I can run the whole way back to the pavilion today! It was down hill from here as well, running alongside the pond, but then it was a steepish up hill just after that, which I was pleased to see that some of the front runners were walking up as well!

I couldn't believe how strong I was feeling, and tried to think about it, in case things when wrong for some reason! Before I realised it were were back to the underpass where we first entered the woods. We waited here again for the back runners, and then the leader suggested two ways to get back, those who want to do an extra mile can turn right, those who want to go the shorter route can. Guess which one I decided on?..... that's right, the extra mile. And I kept running too, well, most of it!

We arrived back at the pavilion, where the physio guy said that if I wanted to start strengthen my glutes straight away, then to do this one particular exercise, and then he dropped to the floor and showed me this exercise to do, which will help with the whole 'waddle like a duck' running style! hopefully!

So no geeky stats, and I feel this was one of my better runs!! But maybe not having the Garmin was a blessing as well today. Everything being just right for running, even the fact that we had a new runner in our group as well, making me look better than I had before by not being the last person!

Brilliant run, very pleased with today, I should have just carried on running for another mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment