Sunday 22 May 2011

Interval Training - Naggy Style!

Hello bloggees.

How I am writing a blog today is any ones guess. Had a fantastic night out last night with the girls, had a few too many sherbets, plus food, plus more food at kicking out time at 3 o'clock in the morning!

But Hitchy and Naggy were willing to go, so I must show willing really, even though Hitchy wanted to ditch it and go straight to the pub. But I said "No, lets do the interval running, like I did on Thursday with the running club".......yeah right! Totally different from what I did on Thursday. Thursday I could get away with murder, because there were more bodies to watch, and as I got lapped by everyone, I'm sure Coach couldn't tell strong>exactly what position I was in anyway! but being as there was only me, Naggy and Hitchy there was no hiding place, even though I was behind her most of the time!

I was really suffering from the hangover, but I thought a run would do me good! Oh my goodness was I wrong! Especially as I was thinking interval running would be fairly easy as I said to Hitchy. We did a warm up lap of Nor mas. I couldn't even keep up with that! My head thumped with every footstep that landed on the tarmac, so I ran on the grass. That didn't work either! This is going to be one long, painful session today. But there is a very good light at the end of the tunnel, we were going to the pub after, for just one drink! Hair of the dog, as they say.

So after the lap for the warm up, I caught Naggy and Hitchy up, ......well they stopped running and waited for me..... and then naggy unleash her fiendish plan. No only was the first lap a warm up, it was also Naggy's reconnaissance lap, so that she could find points to do our interval training. She says "Its better to have something to visualise on rather than the timer!

So from one carpark to the other, her plan began! "Jog to the bench" she says, divulging her plan, and was that an evil glint in her eye, "then from there a fast sprint to the bin" But not only does she want us to do a fast sprint, its a fast sprint as fast as we can go sprint! "So that there is nothing left in you legs"

Well, the first sprint came up, and Naggy and Hitchy took off like there was a grizzly old bear behind them! I was eating double dust!, Then the jogging bit. No walking, oh know. this is a jogging running interval running. We only ran for about a minute, maybe even less, I don't know. But I have never ran fast before in my life! I don't do fast, never have done! Nothing I ever do is done in haste! So this was truly a shock to the system! We did about 3 fast runs (?) I am not sure now, before we got to the other carpark. Then it was turn around, and go back the same way to the other carpark, doing exactly the same! And of course, by then we still have to jog out to Naggys car, which is in the carpack that we just left to do the second leg of intervals.

On the way back, the second lot of intervals, I felt as if I was about to throw up. Naggy is very caring in situations like that "No, throwing up, come on move it!" I tried very hard to focus, even Hitchy was walking along side me when we should have been doing the slow jogging!, "Lets just power walk" she says, as if Naggy is not going to no the difference!

I was so pleased to get the second lot of intervals out of the way and we only had to jog for hal a mile more to get back to the car! Then its down the pub for a well earned pint!

Interval running is not easy, not when Naggy is training! But in some perverse way, I enjoyed it! I felt like I had done something that I haven't done before! Run fast! I think next time we do that, I shall push myself even harder!....... There is just no hope for me now bloggers, I have been brainwashed. I truly believe that I enjoy all the tortuous exercise that I am doing!

Geeky stats. Well, I wish I could, I wish I could say that I didn't have another blond moment, but I can't. I had my Garmin on, got it already, switched on, but then it bleeped because we were still in my house!, and I took it off! Don't know why! I blame the alcohol lol. Oooo, talking about alcohol, it was straging down the pub from here for a couple of pints, where we met up with the Old Boy!

So till next time blogees!

No comments:

Post a Comment