Tuesday 5 October 2010

A Short Run, Keeping Legs Loose!

Hi bloggers

Can you believe I forgot to go running yesterday! Because I am in the mind set of just not doing so much running, just keeping the legs from stiffening up! Well I do have the 10K on Sunday!

So today I made sure I had dinner prepared and left the old boy in charge of cooking! While I went out for a run. I am only going to do three miles today. My Goodness, listen to me. I remember when I said "Wow I have run 3 miles today!"

It was just me, on me own, I had my IPOD, I had remembered to charge the thing up, and I was just going to enjoy the run. Of course I took note of the time, in fact I put the stopwatch the IPOD, just to see, not that I'm going for speed here, just a little jog.

It was just after 6 when I left, I knew it would be getting darker but I was hoping to be well home before that happened. Now I am thinking, because I have run for 5.6 miles, then I must be well fit!! But to my dismay its still very hard!. I expect to run that first mile like Happy Neighbours little son did, when he came for a jog with me and his mum. There was him, running backwards, running ahead, running back to us old uns! Doing flipping star jumps! But I realise that actually, you just get used to running long runs! I still take a few minutes to get the old breathing sorted, and I am still having to say to myself, "Just to the next lamppost, tree, car" or whatever I see ahead of me. But I am finding that I am running further before I am even thinking of those things, before I am even thinking I shall walk from there, just for a bit.

I ran the first mile, the pub, and I carried on. To the next pub on the right, and I carried on. People were on my path, so of course I had the game to play, 'No walking till you pass them' game. I didn't quite make it all the way to Turpington Lane, but very nearly.

On the way down Greenway now, and that hill is already started to bother me. I walk another section down here, cursing that hill that will be rising up in front of me fairly soon. Turning the corner now and there it is. The light is beginning to fade a little but I am keeping my hat on, for one it helps keep the sweat from dripping in my eyes, and another is that I can't see the hill in front of me. Just got to get on an run it. I remember looking at my IPOD at the mile marker, 11mins 13sec, this second mile is going to be longer that's for sure!

Darn it, I stopped, only for a 5 sec breather, but still, so annoyed at myself. But on and on now, get to the pub, then that's the last mile till I'm home, and dinner! I tried to do what I did for Naggy, promise to run all the way home from here. I got as far as the first Oxhawth Crescent and then walked a little, and when I crossed over, heading for the second Oxhawth I stopped again for a 5 second breather. But after I got to the second Oxhawth I ran all the way from there.

All down Oxhawth, cross the road, and down Faringdon I ran, I couldn't stop here, no way. And I have to have some left for finishing in style. As I approach my road, I pick the speed up, I'm like a sprinter now, just running fast now, heading for the lamppost outside my house, stop the timer! Done. Walk around the green now, using my hat to dry my face, then I take a look at the time 41.41 minutes. Not sure if this is personal best or far from it. I shall add a foot note a bit later when I gone through my records.

So, 3.34 miles in 41.41 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment