Sunday 31 October 2010

Halloweeecchhh!!

Hi blog readers.

So, after a couple of days rest and relaxation (and lazyitus, today I just had to go for a run, no matter what! So after church I had every intention of going for an LSR today with naggy. But after I got back, I saw her laden with prezzies on her way to enjoy the company of 46 four year olds! But she did say that she would love to go for a run if I can hang on till 7:30 tonight. Of course I said yes!

So come 7:30 I was ready and looking forward to it. Although, my dinner had been insitu for a couple of hours by then, I was hoping it wouldn't come up to be 'enjoyed' again. Naggy had asked if I had eaten, I told her I had and how long ago, she said "Ahh that will be fine, now I know how far we are going run" I don't know about you, but that scared the jogging pants off me!

Obviously by this time it was very dark, but not cold, and the rain had stopped. I was thinking, the rain wouldn't have stopped naggy from going out running this evening, not after enjoying the company of all those wonderful children 'high' on the 'Golden Arches' finest foods and drink, complete with toys! She would really need to get out and run those stresses off. So really I was helping her!

As we were running along she asked me how long I run before I usually take my first walking break. Oh she knows me so well. I told just past the first mile marker and then a little further. "Oh good!" she says with this weird look about her face (or it could be just the trick of the night light) "So we can go pass that, turn right, and then think about your first stop by the school" I was trying to remember how far the school was, and then it came to me. Bloomin nora, this woman is a hard task master! All I could say was a pathetic "Yes ok"

Now that first mile I can do no problem, it's just that bit after I start thinking, "Whoo ho there old girl, remember you're a sweet old granny!" That first mile come and went, we crossed over the road and headed up towards the school. All the time naggy is talking to me, but by now, I am concentrating on keeping my lungs filled with oxygen and my lambchops spilling out those lovely calories into my body rather than on the road. "Your breathing is spot on" says naggy, "I think we can go further, up to the roundabout" I looked at her again, and there was that look about her again, did she cackle?, did she smile?, No, no, it must be the light this time of night.

On to the roundabout, naggy talking to me, encouraging me, telling me I'm doing well, the breathing is doing well, and we will walk for a few seconds come the roundabout. Now I know, if she wasn't with me, I would have stopped already for a quick walk. Naggy could tell I was thinking this (Can she read my mind, ooo spooky) as she said "I bet you wished you had gone out this afternoon now!" Oh boy was she right, and with the next exhale of breath I said, "The thought had crossed my mind!" And I looked at her again, just as a car drove passed, was those little horns on her head?

She got me as far as the round about, non stop, and a fairly reasonable time (22 minutes I think naggy said) and then my first walk. 1.7 miles it said on naggys gizmo, as soon as she told me, she said "Ok back to running" We didn't even walk for twenty seconds! But I did as she asked. She did say that I could walk again from the next round about AND THEN TURN LEFT TOWARDS THE PUB I think she was forgetting about the roundabout half way through this next section! As we approached it, she told me that I was doing well and to keep going. I was looking forward to walking now!

But I kept going on to the next roundabout. Even to the point of crossing over and heading up towards the pub before stopping, on naggys orders of course! And boy did I need that, And this time it was a real proper walk section, all the way to the pub, which I might add, looked very inviting! "Now, old girl" Says naggy "non stop now, all the way home" I was hoping the red look about her was a reflection from her red jacket! A quick shiver went down my back then. I must be cooling down!

I did try to run non stop all the way home. I didn't want to walk. "It's all in my head" says naggy "I wouldn't push you if I thought you can't do it" Going for a run this afternoon seemed like a good idea now. "Control the breathing again" Says naggy. So I concentrate on that again. I know that when I think about my breathing I can really control it, inhale two three, exhale two three four, inhale two three, exhale two three four. I was really concentrating hard. Three foot falls in and four foot falls out.

Just the last section now, and blow me if I have stopped again, an unofficial walking, but naggy does what naggy does well, and nagged! And I carried on running. Going down the first Oxhawth, nearly home!! Oh wow, nearly home. I really want to run the whole way now, but that darn hill gets to me and I walk! "Come on Old girl" calls out naggy as she runs off into the night, "I'm running, I'm running" I says "No you're not, I can hear you, you know" She has ears like a bat! Oooo very spooky!

But from here on end, its my road, its my running, its my rule, no stopping on this bit of road, no matter how far I have run, no matter how far naggy has pushed me, no matter how my legs hurt (well, actually they don't) this is the bit that I DO NOT WALK ON all the way home now. Running, I just want to finish now.

On the road, save energy rather than go up and down on those driveways, keep it focused. "Finishing in style?" enquires naggy, "Oh yes, always save a bit for finishing in style" and we both pick the pace up, naggy in front of me running straight pass my path and up to hers!! Of course I had to follow her. Done it.

Now walk round the green! Whats the time, how far, how much per mile? Those are the questions that I wanted to say, but it seems that naggy can understand dying grunting noises from her victims er, I mean mates. so here's the details

4.3 miles in 55.41 mins, avg about 12.58 mins per mile.

Not bad after a big dinner, and first night time run in the GMT time!

No comments:

Post a Comment