Thursday 14 October 2010

Back To Training!

Hi blog watchers,

I bet you thought I had giving up training after the race on Sunday! Well I haven't. How can I? Let all that training go to waste! I think not. I was just having a few days off, let my ankle heal properly, because I don't want to have any reason why I can't keep up with my running.

It was a solo jog for me today, I got up late, as it custom now on Thursdays and got straight into my running gear. As I was putting them all I was remembering the brilliant day that I had on Sunday. Smiling now from ear to ear. But that soon stopped when I stepped out side and felt the chill in the air, brrrrr!

I knew I would warm up fairly quickly so I didn't bring my shrunken hoody, I didn't even wear my pink cap today either! (Mainly because I can't find it at the mo. Straight up the path, with my IPOD playing some 'wicked toonz' again, and of course I started the timer. But this is just going to be a slow run, just to stretch out my muscles, I think they thought I had quit too!

I was soon back into my pace, only going to do 3 miles today, but what I really wanted to do was to blast out to turn around lamppost and back and see how fast I have got over these few months, but Naggy said just to do a slow run this week and maybe next week blast out a mile.

Its amazing what happens to my brain when the body takes a couple of days off! Old couchie starts yawning and waking up, and whispering to just do a real short slow run and turn down the very first turning on Southborough Lane! Its a good job I am not putting pressure on myself to blast out this route, because I was able to 'tell myself off' for even giving that thought the time for day!

This time of the day there is not many joggers about, I expect most people work, or even jog to and from work! But I did see one jogger, and I was glad I was jogging at the time.

Coming on to Greenway and the Hill popped into my mind. But I had a determined head on today, and I said to myself your running the whole way up this whether you like it or not! So after a little walk (on off several others I must add) I got back to jogging, turned the corner and looked up! "Bah! call that a hill! I have bigger pimples than that" as I remembered the hill in the PettsWood 10k, "Now there is a hill, Mr. Magpiehall Lane, and its not even paved"

Its weird the thoughts that come into my head! Maybe I should ask a psychiatrist to accompany me on one of my jogs and analyze me on the way round. Just to see if its safe for me to be out alone!

Well that hill was well conquered! I got to the top crossed over the road...........and walked! Well, I am old you know! But only walked for a few seconds and then back to running. Again, Naggy was 'with me' "Just run to the pub sign, now to the blue car then....." and so on. I did walk one more time down this bit of road, but turning into the second Oxhawth I start nagging myself then, "Come on now old girl, no stopping on these last three roads" I had some brilliant tunes to run to, keeping pace with the beat, Ozzy osboure, and some others, which I cant recall right now, because half way down this road the darn battery ran out of my IPOD! Oh well, take the ear phones off, and just go for it, run old girl run, run, run!

All the way home now, Darn it again! had to stop for a car! Get back into the zone, "come on old girl, do it, it, run!" I just never quite got back into the zone, and I struggled a little bit up the path, but I did it. I got back in the proverbial saddle and jogged again. I am not just a one race wonder or even two race wonder. I am a RUNNER

Oh yes, forgot, I did take a not of the time I got back to my house 11:27, and the IPOD said I started the timer at 10:45, which if my maths is still holding up, is 42 mins for 3.34 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment