Wednesday 6 October 2010

Last Run Before Big Race!

Hi blogees,

I was looking forward to today's run, knowing that I have 3 days now to recover and keep fresh legs for Sunday.

I don't know what it is, whether having a days grace between each run, but today i found it particularly hard. It was a lovely sunny evening, after the rain we had this morning, any sunshine is a blessing now. I set off with my IPOD (timer going) and my hat and shrunken hoody. The hoody I know will be coming off fairly soon, as it feels quite nice out.

I start off at the usual pace, sorting my breathing out, but just as I am half way up the first long road I am thinking "Oh wow, I have such a long way to go still" STILL?! I wasn't even two minutes into my run, and already I am thinking of running up my path, to my house!

Before I even got to the first pub, the first mile maker, I had already stopped for a short breather, but then I was back on track running. I even made it 11.30 minutes for the first mile, but just after that I stopped again. But here's the thing, just coming out of the turning up from the pub here, guess who was just driving out of it?? Naggy!! And guess what I wasn't doing? That's right, running! I had taken another walking break, and there she was, tooting her horn, and gestating, I just took it that meant "Run old girl, Run! What the heck are you doing running at this stage" So of course I got back to running.

But that was about the size of today's run, running with sporadic bouts of walking! But every time I saw another runner, if I was walking then I would run, and if I was running then I would run a little faster. By the time I got back to the first pub, I was sweating, the light was fading to this gorgeous pink glow, which I must say probably complimented my colour, I could blame the lovely pink light for my face looking so pink.

I run pass the first Oxhawth and on to the next. I think that this is an easier bit, rather than going down the first Oxhawth, because the hill running up to Farringdon seems steeper than the hill running up to the second Oxhawth! I could be mistaken.

But from the beginning of Oxhawth till I get home, I have it in my head now, that I will not stop running. There is some good music playing that is just a great rhythm to run to, and the last 400 yards its 'Mama' by Phil Collins. That heart beat drum seemed perfect running music for me.

Just up my path now, have to ignore the music and finish in style, the boys on the green and giving me a round of applause again as I put on the speed.

Done it! 3.34 miles in 42.30 (that's not a PB, but, I'm still not pushing for speed, (but I was hoping that I would be a little faster).

No comments:

Post a Comment