Monday 8 February 2021

Fecking Covid!

 Hello blog readers.

The last time I blogged was the 18th January! I was thinking that, that's it, I'm back, mojo or no mojo!  I did a couple of runs after that, plus some walking, little doggie walks etc, but then COVID struck!  Feck knows how! From the local shops, picking up milk and....beer! Walking about?  That's a scary thought, picking it up just by taking your daily constitutionals!  Or maybe from my son, who is a key worker and needs to go into work.  Any hoo, there was the Old Boy and me on the 26th January at the local drive though COVID  Testing, after my son told us that his test came up positive!  As it happened the Old Boy managed to escape the dreaded virus so me and my son were confined to quarters!  Actual solitary confinement!  It wasn't all bad, the Old Boy was keeping us well fed and watered, plus I had all my gadgets, technology, books pencils and games that I could possible want!

Confinement finished on Friday night!  The rain started Saturday afternoon, snow on Sunday! Just my actual luck!  I formulated (ish) a plan, just let this weekend go, recover some more from the covid thing fortunately I had it extremely mildly, only a cough, ever so slight breathlessness, which I think maybe was more stress related.  Then, come today I would start my exercises up again, running, when I can, apparently according to my running pals out there running some places are treacherous!  I don't fancy trying to run or even walk with the ice and stuff.

YouTube and Peloton it is!  Just a gently break into it, a nice twenty minutes of Team Body Project and another twenty minute Peloton session.  Not bad!  I didn't work as hard as I usually do, but it was a great 'head' start to trying to get back to some sort of fitness and hopefully work off the Lockdown weight gain!  It's not been good for my weight all this staying at home!  At least I am hoping that is all it is, because if it comes to the fact that it's all due to hormones I won't have a clue what to do to shift it!

Short and sweet blog, just to help me more than anything, to get back to it!  Come on!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment