Thursday 14 March 2019

Track Thursday! - Tough But Fun....?

Hello blog readers

When I am not doing enough training miles for my half marathon then I need to make sure I get out to as much track sessions as I can. Not only that but to do my hardest to do the best running I can!  PhysioMikeTheMod had this cunning plan, it looked horrendous all written out nicely on our facebook page.  A tough session.  I couldn't even fathom the mathematics and the laps and the times this and that!  I just knew it was going to be tough.  I looked a little further down the post to see what Jane had planned for us and I saw that it was a little less....just. 'A devious plan', PMTM had said on the post, he also said that there was far to much 'rests' between the laps! Oh my goodness, this really is going to be a tough one!

SnappyH wasn't with us this time, she has parents evening again, so it was just me and Naggy, the temptation to just sit with a cuppa and a blanket was quickly kicked into touch and we were on our way to the track with our cash and determination!  There seemed to be so many people there, I think there are a lot of them training for marathons that will be happening very soon!  And theres me and Karen training for our half marathon.  We really need to get our finger out, I think SnappyH has done more miles than me and Naggy and she signed up to the Paddock Wood Half not that long ago!

We start our session as we always do with some warm up jogging laps on the bit of tarmac, followed by some drills, while the fast runners do a lap and then straight into their gruelling session.  My first rep was a not quite the full rep, I was being 'clock monitor', I ran half a lap from our start at the 200m mark and then I had to run half a lap carrying the clock, which somehow I had turned off!  It wall went a bit 'Pete Tong' but my next rep I was deffo on it!  Two laps at a fast pace, (oh I really hope it was a fast paced)  I really did try, I thought about my move up to group 3 on Tuesday, if I can go at that pace then it will be what I should be doing this evening. Run at a pace that is a bit uncomfortable.  I was guessing that meant not running with your shoes on the wrong feet, but running so that you can only answer yes or no if someone asked you a question!

After two reps, (mine having one less lap than everyone else) we have not a 90 minute rest but a 3 minute rest.  We had to do that two more times!  Run 2 laps, rest for 90, run 2 laps rest for 3 minutes.  It was a very tough session, I didn't have time to complete the whole session before we had to do our cool down stretches, which of course is most important to do! I can't be telling the beginners to do it if I don't do it myself!



I thoroughly enjoyed it today, I felt like I worked hard, I'm still annoyed at myself for not doing that last lap, or even just half of the last lap!  Next time, next time I will try my bestest best! Being with the best club around is also so good, everyone saying to me 'Go Old Girl' and "You're doing well Old Girl".  This week though, I also got compliments on my jog pants.....I had on my 'snow leopard' Christmas present jog pants.  Maybe they had helped me run 'a bit more uncomfortable' today!

Here's my geeky stats!  I think I am pleased with them!



And yes, I am pleased with them!  Avg pace of 11:25  Lets see if I can improve new week!


No comments:

Post a Comment