Tuesday 18 December 2018

Woo Woo Run 2018!

Hello blog readers.

What an evening!  It is not pleasant out there.  If I wasn't leading, if this was not the last club run and if I was doing parkrun on Saturday morning, then I might just have stayed in doors!  Most of my pals were, J.J. Auriol, CarolWithAnE, RefMichael, NaggyNeighbour!  Most of them have or are getting over a cold!  The thought of going out on a chilly wet December Woo Woo run.  I wasn't quite sure if I was going to have anyone joining me in the Woo Woo run this year!  But GetYourLegsTracy came around a picked me up!  Well, I wasn't going to be driving my car this evening.

The now, infamous Woo Woo run takes in as many Christmas lights as possible in a three mile course, and hopefully while we run and looking at the lights we 'Woo Woo' each and every house!  Some of the houses only got a 'Woo' while just a few others got a 'hmm ok?'  Sounds fun, right.  But, in that heady mix of friends, running, woo wooing and pretty lights, throw in a few hip flasks of.....some medicinal warming drinks and you have a great fun night! 

I think the best flavour of drink has to go to K, she brought along a Cherry Bakewell Flavour Vodka!  Interesting I thought!  I had honey flavoured Jack Daniels, and there was some Woods too, a dark rum I believe.  Someone else had some Gin, not sure if that had a flavour, I am not a gin drinker!  But we all did have a share of each others drink!  I even brought along some tiny little shot type plastic glasses just in case others didn't bring along something and wanted to indulge!  We may have to try and make a competition of who has the most interesting flavour drink! Hmm, it's an idea!

Ok, so I am waffling on and not talking about my running!  Well, it really does show that I have not been doing as much running as I should have!  I struggled around this evenings 3.47 miles of running!  Of course it took longer than usual because of the um...festive stops!  But my legs also really didn't want to be out running!  I am not resigned to the fact that come January I am going to have a huge job on my hands getting this fat ass body back to some sort of......shape......not round!

So the best bits of this run.......of course is running with my pals, GetYourLegsUpTracy, Lou, K, Kathy, MichaelL and it was good to run with IllustriousLeader again!  It's been a while!  Plus 2 other ladies whose names I have still yet to remember!  Useless with names! The best bits of this run..... has to be getting out there doing it. It's one in the eye for Running Mojo which is hiding at the moment!   The best bits of this run.........it was fun in spite of the rain that came down!  The best bits of this run......I did it,!  I know....Its the same as the first point!  But yes, I did it, I did it with my pals encouraging me to keep going!  "Just to the corner Old girl" "Come on just a bit further!"  Yup  I did it, with a little help from my friends!

Now I should take all that, remember it, turn it over in my head, cogitate on it, then bring it all together come the New Year!

So, unless I actually do something on Saturday morning at my Spa weekend with my daughter and nieces, then the next time I write anything will be in 2019!  So very happy Christmas readers, and have a happy New Year.  May 2019 bring you all that you hope for, God bless you all!

Here are some photos from our run taken by Lou including the one at the top.  Brilliant pictures!

This is more of less about 3 or 4 minutes
into our run

These lights are brilliant.  I am sure the neighbours
try to outdo each other every year!

Here is all of us, well apart from the one taking the picture!

Is that an Elf running!  Hang on, its me!

No comments:

Post a Comment