Tuesday 11 December 2018

Club Run!

Hello blog readers.

The penultimate run before Christmas, my goodness, how quickly Christmas is approaching!  I was leading today, to be honest I really needed to lead, just to get my lazy ever expanding backside out of the door!  I know I am leading next week too, so today is a bonus for me!

My Whatsapp group with all my buddies was going crazy with people saying they are not going due to illness and other stuff happening, so really I was so pleased I was leading!  I had a route planned, not the Woo Woo route, that one is for next week!  This week I was taking them up pass the lovely chandelier, I was hoping they had their lights on! The chandelier looks so lovely when the light is shining through it!

We ran up Birchwood, always a favourite hill!  I really do try to make friends with hills!  One day we will be best buddies! One day!  I had about 9 people in my group, what am I saying, there was 9 of us running today, I always take a count up before we run out and when we get back (just to check I don't lose anyone!) So 9 of us running up the hill, we were a little spread out but we were running up hill.  Once that was done the other couple of hills won't even be noticed!  Can you see that I still try and kid myself! 

Anyway, the people with the lovely chandelier didn't have their light on but they did have some amazing christmas lights outside their house, so we stood for a second or two to admire them.  Then we continued you on the run down, knowing that we have to run back up again!  Oh I can't wait for my running mojo to be back on board, with me entering every blimmin race going!  I will get there though, I just hope it gets there soon!

I asked everyone if they wanted to do a hill rep or two when we turned the corner on to Kevington Road.  I asked rather than said as I wasn't really into myself, but when a couple of them said yes, why not I just had to give it a go.  So we all ran up the short sharp hill to the lamppost and then back down again to the round about and then back up to the lamppost!  Just those two times and then we continued our run.  I was well impressed with my group for doing that, they made me do a hill rep, something I wasn't really going to do!

I kept my group as close together as I could, when I looked at my Garmin to check on the pacing I realised that I hadn't even turned the blimmin thing on!  Oh well!  But the route we did was a usual route, same same, I can find the geeky stats from there and then just use that map to display here.  but that wouldn't be fun would it!  Why not go and check out my blogs and see if you can guess which route I did.!

So about 4 and bit miles......ish.....at around ......00000 minute miling!  But one thing, it really was a very pleasant run indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment