Monday 3 December 2018

....Um...Hello!?

Hello blog readers

I can't believe it's been nearly a week since I've put on lycra! What a lazy mare!  It's true. I ran on the 24th of November, parkrun, but I was just so disappointed with myself, I really wasn't 'feeling it' on the day!  But from that point onwards it seemed my mojo was staying hidden under blankets, duvets and food and drink!  Seriously!  I didn't even go to club run!  I did try getting my fat ass out, even to say that I would sweep for Auriol.  But the promise of heavy rain kept me under my blanket......well actually it was a slanket, and it belonged to Naggyneighbour!  We had tea and chat at her house instead!  But a couple of our whatsapp group gang did go out that day, Auriol of course, she was leading and CarolWithAnE, apparently it stopped raining too!  Oh my goodness they were very smug like afterwards.....and to be honest....they deserved to be. 

Thursday didn't happen, we had a surprise 60th birthday for Tracy instead!  So much worth it though, the look on her face was brilliant!  And then Saturday arrived again, my ass stayed firmly huggled in my bed!  I did not move!  But SnapperHannah went! I can't remember if anyone else went that day!  I wouldn't trust my memory of late, I see people at running that didn't actually go! I know, senior moments happening!!

Anyway, that explains lack of blogs! No running, no blogging!  But this evening Naggy sent me a text to say that she fancied running, did I want to go? I said "I may"  Just that, nothing else, not a definite yes, or no! The next text from her was "Ok good, I'm already changed see you soon!"  I was still at work!  Sometimes I come home on a non running day, such as Mondays and Wednesdays and there is dinner cooking or I just happened to sit down and then not want to move from my cosy chair!  But today I said "I may." As you can guess, I went!  There was no getting away from it either! 

I got changed straight away and went over to Naggy's house.  "Just a nice easy one then" I said, "Of course, just 3 miles" she replied!  So that was it, we were off,

"Nice and easy, not too fast" I said
"Yes, it's just to get out, that's all" said Naggy
"We got that run to do on Wednesday evening" I reminded her
"I know" she said
"..and we have club run tomorrow" I said, "That will be three days in a row of running!" Could I redeem myself, I wondered.
"Well, it will be four times in a row" Naggy reminded me, "There's track on Thursday!

Oh blimey!  What have I done!  I can't remember the last time I ran four times in a row!  I know it was when my Mojo was well and truly in charge of my running!  Naggy had planned a nice little route around our way, down the path to Turnaround Lamppost and then beyond!  We ran to the A21 and turned right!  Thank goodness, turning left would have been a much long run home!  Running with Naggy was just like the old days.....well, just like it used to be when I was training for the marathon and doing so much more running.  She encouraged all the way round.  She also gave me rules!  No stopping for a mile, then a 30 second rest and then run for a mile, a 30 second rest then all the way home!  I really didn't think I could do it!  But I was determined to try!  There is no try with Naggy, not unless it's spelt 'Tri' She does believe in 'Do it, just do it'.  I ran for the first mile, and so looked forward to my 30 second walk, and then the second mile began.  It seemed that 30 second walk went by in a split second, let alone 30 seconds!

I ran a bit slower on the second mile, I wish I could show you on my geeky stats, but just as I was writing this blog I went to go and upload my run to my Garmin account and my watch is showing no activities shown!  Blimmin gutted!  I know I did it, and I saved it.  But also I remember my watch doing this funny buzzing and I pushed a couple of buttons without really looking at it, and I think I may have deleted all activities from my watch!  It's just as well Naggy has her geeky stats to show off with!  I wanted to see what my splits were with each mile,  oh well!  I think my watch probably needed to be 'cleaned out'  I haven't done it since I've had it! 

But before all of that happened, I noticed that when we got back to Naggys house my watch was saying 2.93 miles, well, you know me, that was never going to be left like that!  I had to make sure it said 3.00 miles!  But of course, that was the last I saw of these geeky stats!  But I must say, I do feel just a tad smug.....no, actually I feel bloody knackered!  Three more runs this week, then maybe a angelic look can be found on my face!  Just like the one at the top of this blog!  You got to love a snapchat filter! 

I picture of geeky stats will appear here tomorrow when I asked Naggy for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment