Tuesday 4 December 2018

Club Run

Hello Blog readers.

Second running session in a row! Well, actually it was half a run! But I still went out with my running buddies and had good intentions to do the whole of the run honest! But as things work out I was needed to do just half a run!  It's just as well I went out running yesterday and will be running tomorrow.....and on Thursday too!

So Naggy came to get me at mine, shes literally just over the green so not too far to come, then climbed in her car to go and get GetYourLegsUpTracy.  We were just a couple of minutes later than usual. GetYourLegsUpTracy was waiting outside for us and we drove to the rec.  I knocked on the door for J.J. then we all walked around to the rec.  I do like this bit, it's like we are kids again and we are all knocking for one another to come out and play, just like we used to do as kids. I am so looking forward to tomorrow!  We are all going to be dressed up in Christmassy stuff!  Don't worry, there will be photographic evidence of that run!

Anyway, back today, all four of us walked to the rec from J.J.'s house, they were already into the leaders routes!  We had a couple of new leaders who were doing their Debut leading, one of them, Michelle, I can remember like yesterday, her very first run with Petts Wood Runners!  She and her friend just turned up and ran with Group 1.  It was a particularly hard out and back route that day, all the way down Southborough Lane and back.  I am glad it didn't put her off!  So, the leaders had just given out their routes and we all went to find our leader with their paddles.  I decided to sweep for group 1 this evening, as I am running tomorrow......did I say I ran yesterday too! 

CarolWithAnE was leading group 1 today, and she had a big group, 13 of us!  She was doing one of my favourite routes.  It's one that I use for move up Tuesdays, as it nice and flatish, so we can push ourselves just a little bit extra....if there are no new comers in the group!  But as I have said, I only did about half this route today, two of our runners had pull out, one had fallen over hurt his ankle and the other runner was just wanting to do just a bit less.  I think she would have completed the whole of the run if this other runner hadn't pulled out, you can be surprised at what you can do. I said I would walk with them as they wasn't quite sure of exactly where they were!  Well, it's best to save my legs, I have no idea how fast we will be running tomorrow, I just hope it's not as fast as group 3!  Especially as we have at least 8k to run.....I think!

Well, that about covers my run/walk today, I am still pretty glad I went out, I need to get out!  My Mojo is somewhere out there!  The bit that I did today was brill though,  CarolWithAnE doing a great job of keeping the rabble together!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment