Thursday 20 September 2018

Homework Wednesday!

Hello blog readers.

I kind of accidentally didn't run this evening!  I was just a bit tired, but I still have a blog to write up about yesterday.  And it's all about PastorPaul, Pat and Janet!  Still enthused from Saturdays first week beginners, (Monday for Pat and Janet) I joined them for their second piece of homework. On my way there I saw Shalini too, and she was going to be doing her homework, but just an hour later! 

Again it was a quick change for me, in from seeing Kirsty, straight upstairs to change into running gear and then out to the park.  PastorPaul, Pat and Janet were there!  I was so pleased to see Janet!  She is not ready to give up on the exercise that she is getting!  Just the walking briskly for 30 minutes is beneficial.  They had already done a brisk walk of the park, well actually they did say it was more of an amble!  But we went straight over to the goal posts so that we could do some drills.  That should warm them up a bit more. 

We were then ready to do the running section.  Still with the 1 minute of running and 5 minutes of walking we started off with the whistle.  Janet started with a brisk walk and I think she even did a little jog as well.  That first minute goes by so quickly, it is harder for me to keep an eye on the time that it is to do the running!  I try not to engage too much chatting so that I don't get them running longer that the 1 minute.  I blew the whistle to start the walking section.  I am sure they could both have continued for a little bit more, but, I shall not push them.  Keep it nice a simple, slowly, slowly does it!
Pat



We did that three more times, each time Pat and PastorPaul did fantastically, and Janet continued with her brisk walking with the occasional little bit of jogging too!  They were all impressed with what they had achieved.  On the last running section, well, I kind of .....didn't blow the whistle quite when I should have done!  It was the last bit of homework of week one, sometimes it's good to just see what is to be expected from us for next week!  So I didn't blow it, but on one hand I did blow it, because I said to Pat that we had about 15 seconds left, and she noticed that the 15 was a little bit longer than usual!  I shall have to remember for next time!
Paul

So a great session for them all, with some cool down stretches to finish off we were all feeling pretty good!  On the way home I saw Shalini, she was just going out for her run!  I just reminded her of what she was needing to do and then she was off, a solo homework for her!  I am sure with the second week just a few days away it won't be too long before she makes some running buddy to run with!
Finished running, now for cool down!

Oh, these pictures on this blog are from Mondays homework day, I had forgotten to take some pictures but this were taken by Janet!


No comments:

Post a Comment