Thursday 24 May 2018

Thursday Morning Run

Hello blog readers.

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain!  So much for our summer!  I our summer fell last Saturday, just for the royal wedding!  It didn't matter, I was going out running no matter what!  I had a sh......... shed load of weight to get rid of!  It's going to be a difficult summer!  There were only the four of us at the rec for group 1.  The other two groups were low in numbers too!  I think the faster groups amalgamated to make a super group!

I had noticed on our Tuesday run that the Rhododendrons were out so I really wanted to run down there this morning!  But with the rain, I wasn't so sure that everyone would be willing and keen to go, but I was wrong!  They were eager to get in the woods.  The rain had hopefully not turned the floor on the woods into a mud bath again!  Hopefully it will just all run off!  And so it did!  It was tacky in some places, but mostly runnable!  The midges were still there, but hopefully if we ran fast enough they will not be able to land!

So I took the four of us, that's me, Tracy, Wendimoo and Carole, for a nice steady paced run, turning left to run along the bottom path by the rail lines.  With just the four of us running along we seemed to be keeping a nice right group, mainly because we were all listening intently to Wendimoo!  Oh my goodness, we really have missed her, but now she is back, back to when she belongs! Running along listening to her just helps make the miles disappear, not only that, but Tracy was so intent on listening that she was keeping up!

We ran along by the river, and then up Goss Hill.  Ok, so I was hyped up, I had the music still wringing in my ears, but that hill, that blimmin hill!  One day, I will run all the up it again!  Yup, that's right, I didn't manage it, not this time.  Maybe next time!

We had a couple of other little undulations as we ran along the top of the woods.  In my mind was Rhododendron Walk.  I was looking forward to going down there!  We had to run all along the top and the turn right to run down towards the Woodmans Cottage, I wonder if this will be the year that I spot him again, or was he really a figment of mine....and Michelle's imagination!  Just before we get to the cottage however, we took the path that must be the most prettiest in the woods.  It's all in bloom, hundreds and hundreds of big pink flowers, lining a small corridor in the woods.  It's simply sublime!  Carole has never seen this, I really love showing off this part of our woods, especially when it's in full bloom!  We had to have a selfie of course!


This path leads us to the middle path and that leads to Dog Poo ally!  All over, all done, a great run with the girls.  I was going to try and get to the second of the 'core sessions in the park'  but guess what......Im off on holiday again!  So packing and washing and packing was my core training!

Here's our geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment