Sunday 30 July 2017

Morning After The Night Before

Hello Blog lovers

Yesterday was parkrun day, of course I was there, why wouldn't I be.  So I had a busy day on Friday, with a very busy Friday night celebrating Auntie Eve's birthday!  The gathering for Evies birthday should have started at 3 but me and Kirsty got there at 4 pm, at the pub that is.  Of course I only had coke for the first three hours, just in case Kirsty wanted to be driven home by me early.  But from about 7:30 the party started for me!  It was a good party!  Come Saturday morning I really wasn't feeling it!  "Self inflicted headaches does not warrant staying in bed" is what I told myself, so I duly got up and got ready for parkrun.

I collected Tracy and Ade, Naggyneighbour was making her own way there as she had to do something to her car.  All my other pals were there, J.J., LittleJ, Carole and Michale, K, Auriol and PinkladyJo.  My run was a 'just get around without 'chucking chunks' run, but again I was just going to not try and keep up with anyone nor was I going to wait for anyone,

We all took off and found our own pace, spreading out through the field, Naggy Carole and Michael were all in front while the others were behind me, how long that long that will last I didn't know! I heard Ade catch up to me and we started running together, to be honest, he did keep me running longer that I would have done if I was by myself but then he fell behind.  I thought about waiting for him, instead I just kept to my plan and just kept running along.  I did eventually have a walk and Ade caught up with me again, he seemed to have found his running mojo, or maybe his mojo found him, he started to take the lead and just got further away from me.  I knew it wouldn't have been too long before he started to get in front of me, just 3 parkruns and he has found his feet.

So there I was by myself again, I was going slower for the second lap.  It was quite warm yesterday morning, but I made sure that I drank some water before I left the house!  There was so much encouragement from all of my friends and running club buddies I almost felt like a celebrity! "Go on Old Girl, keep going"  And then there was Michael, "Go on Old Girl, get them legs up"  I've taught him well, the student has become the master!  But evey time someone called out to me I smiled, and then I tried that little bit harder to keep going.

Then I heard, "Hello Old Girl"  it was J.J. and LittleJ and Auriol, that had caught me up!  I ran the rest of the way with them, cheered on by Helen, she told me that she had decided to be sensible and not finish parkrun today, she had a little niggle and thought it best to sit this one out and just cheer instead! She chose a perfect place to cheer from too, at the Hook Farm end of the park, well away from all the finishers, but still with three quarters of the park to run around, exactly the spot that you really need cheering on!

So the three of us all came in together, of course I had to do that little sprint to the finish, I think I probably took off a bit too soon, because that sprint seemed to go on for ever!  I head Naggy, Carole and Michael cheering me on, and I just stayed focused on that orange funnel!  There, I did it, hangover and all!

But that wasn't the only thing I did on Saturday! Just check out my cycling blog! Ride London(ish)

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment