Thursday 23 February 2017

Doris Didn't Do Da Dirty!

Hello blog lovers

Doris, didn't she go on!  My goodness, she cause a bit of havoc with some fences and roof tiles, and I think she did cause worse too!  But PWR's still met up this morning! I, unfortunately, couldn't!  Not because of Doris, it was because I had to babysit!  Looking out at the wind bending the trees outside in my garden, although I would have gone, I was secretly glad I didn't!  Then I did the school run, the rain came down! It was torrential, and that was that, I really was pleased.  I got soaked all the way to the school.  I had Jeans on and they were soaked through, and my socks was getting wet as the water dripped down!  But then as I got home, 'shloooped' my jeans off and put dry ones on, the sun came out, there was blue skies, but the wind was still as strong!

For the whole day is seemed to be blowing a hooligan or a Doris, bending the huge conifer tree in the neighbours garden.  But I was determined that this evening I was going out, and that was that,  Doris can go do one!  Fortunately by the time I needed to leave to go to track Doris had done her worse!  I drove to the track and then walked to over to our group!  I still had my big coat on!  I really didn't want to take it off!  When PhysioMikeTheMod starts, I'll take it off then! Well, it wasn't too long before he called us all to order!

Our warm up was a 10 minutes tempo run, and if we time it perfectly we should finish up on the start of the back straight!  That is where we will be starting our session from this time.  The faster sprinters would probably still be on the track, oh boy could they run fast!  PhysioMikeTheMod didn't want us all clogging up at our usually starting place so that the sprinters could just run off to the end.  Of course I timed it......almost perfectly, only had to walk back a couple of meters!

And then the sessions.  6x400 with 90 sec rests between and then a 3 minute rest then do it again, 6x400 with 90 sec rests.  It sounds good, it sounds so doable too.  But it's deceivingly difficult!  One lap, that's all we got to do and then rest up for 90 seconds.  Easy right!  Well that's the thing, we are doing a session, which means that we have to do it a bit speedy, but in my little fuzzy head I think I can blast round as I only have to go around once!  I surprised myself......well, when I got home and looked at my stats!  I took off with all the others for that first start, then they left me to look at their soles!  (mental note, make sure my soles show like theirs) Most of the speedsters were here today, with very few from group 5 and under.......or maybe I am the only one!  But I don't feel alone at there.  Although I am, and always do, run around by myself, which is tough as Paul said to me, I don't 'feel' like I am alone or even running alone out there!  When we do races like the Ditton Turkey Run, and others like that, then I can feel alone!  But running around on the track, people passing me by, telling me that I am doing good, that's what keeps me going!  There is also another good side to running 'alone' P.M.T.M can see you, he says things like "That's good Old Girl, keep your head up though"  He can see if I was running efficiently, no bad habits!  There is no hiding in a crowd!

The first part of the session was done!  I thought I had done only four laps!  But I remembered that some of these guys are running twice as fast as me, and I was taking my three minutes rest almost the same time as them, so I didn't feel too bad.  But the then second half began.  It was tough, my legs felt like lead, and I was beginning to tire.  I just ran as best as I could, the laps, I felt, were slower.  I did the first one, and then the second one.  And then I heard the speeders say "One more lap and were done"  So I really was a bit slower, as last time I though I had done four!  That's ok, I am in the 1% of people who run, the rest of them don't!  That was said to me twice this evening, and it does make you feel good. I am slow but I am faster than all those that don't do any exercises! "Ok Team A are we ready" I heard the speedsters say.  Well, for a bit of fun I was going to start my last lap (yes, I am only doing three!) with them, as my 90 seconds was about to be up anyway.  3, 2, 1, go said Paul (I think it was him anyway) and I ran with them, chuckling to myself as I did "I wonder how far they would be by the time I get the first 100 meters done.  Well as I have said, they are twice as fast as me, but after doing all the laps before I was slower still, but they seemed to be totally on fire still! So they were quite far in front.

I finished my final lap, I felt good, I felt like I had worked hard, even though I hadn't completed the whole six laps.  I don't think we would have time for me to do that anyway!  We have to be out by 9!  I am enjoying my running, and I am enjoying track weirdly!  I know I still got to learn to love pushing myself!  Sometimes I feel as if I have held back, sometimes I feel I can't do anymore!  Maybe those are the times that I need to push myself a bit more!

So my geeky stat, and there it shows that I actually done 5 laps, it shows that I did the three, which I knew I did, but I was quite happy about the first half!  Look at me, look at me running with the speedsters! Look at me getting faster!  It's all thanks to PhysioMikeTheMod, who is out there, standing around with his whistle or his Ipad timer, encouraging everyone, and to the 'everyone'. All those that lap me, you don't know it, but for a while you become my 'race' I try for just a few seconds each time to keep up with you!  Thanks everyone! And Doris, well, she couldn't stop me this evening!  Even a final little breeze at the end, we all still ran our hearts out!




No comments:

Post a Comment