Monday 5 October 2015

Two For For One!

Hello blog lovers.

Yes I am writing another one, and yes, this is about two runs I did last Thursday and the beginners course on Saturday.

So Thursday, is usually meet up with other PWR's at the rec, but I still have no car.  And here is the excuses, I don't want to run there as I don't want to be too exhausted to run if any other group 1 they may turn up, and I wont take my Spesh bike, I won't leave that one out of eyesight!  and my other bike is in the shed!

I asked through the facebook page if there was going to be any other runners and when I found there were were not going to be any I decided to run from my house.  So I planned a little route, a bit different from the usual Turpington Lane run, and went through the new local park.  I say new, it's at least 8 years old, or maybe even more!  Time is just flying by!

I went across the park and ran along the path to the road.  Then up to the bus garage I went.  I have done this one before, with Naggy Neighbour, it's about the same distance as my usual Turp route. but just getting out at the moment is all I want.  What with my back giving a little bit of aggro!

I was enjoying my run, I had my turnes in my ears and I was so enjoying listening to them, in fact I was positively dancing down the street towards the A21!  People will think that I am a crazy lady!  But I don't care, I was moving, I was running, and right then, there was hardly any discomfort in my back.

The route took me along the A21 to Crown Lane.  It was only when I got to the Crown that I realised that all the hoardings had gone, and I could run all the way along the new path by the newly built flats.  That was a nice pleasant change.  At least the trees hid the traffic on the A21!

Then it was back down Southborough lane and home.  A nice little run (from what I can remember!)

After that I decided to do what some of the other PWR's do on a Tuesday evening, a bit of Pilate's!  A friend had loaned me a dvd, Pilate's for Dummies.  I put it in the machine and got ready.  As its for dummies I was also thinking it's for beginners!

I started at the beginning, I can't remember now what the first one was called but it was a good stretch.  Then there were more, and more!  I tried to keep up, I tried to look like a ball and roll!  I tried to sit up straight, legs apart and roll one vertebra down at a time!  To be honest, I think I only have one vertebra, it goes down about an inch and that's it!

She then told me about another stretch, and I just threw in the towel, as well as a swear word!  I gave up, and went and had my breakfast and a cuppa!  I think that is why I forgot to turn my Garmin off after my run!  But hey ho.  It was a pity I wasn't wearing my HRM at the time!

Geeky stats.



Beginners Group

I was up in plenty of time to get to the beginners on Saturday. ZippySherry was taking the group and I passed her along the road as she went on her bike and I was in the car.  I parked outside the rec and went in.  There was only a couple of people there, including DottieKat.  

But by the time 9 o'clock came there were over thirty people raring to go. The morning was a bit misty, the sun was trying to burn it off!  We did our usual two lap brisk walk and the drills, and then we were ready to do 4 minutes of running with 2 walking.  I stayed at the back to encourage Michell's mum and her friend Sue.  Sue hasn't been before, she is jumping straight into week 4.  But with practise through the week, I think she will catch up, but for now she stayed at the back with us.

Those four minutes for the beginners are quite a tough one, but everyone done really well.  Michelle's mum (her name has escaped my mind!) well, we do our own thing.  As much running as we can do within the 4 minutes and some brisk walking during the 2 minutes.  We were using paths, benches, gates and trees as markers, and we made sure that if we were passing the ladies that do mat work with a personal trainer on the green, we were running, if of course it was running time!

But from that second lap (I forgot to push the start button) we actually covered 2 miles!  Not bad first thing on a Saturday morning, even if the mist came down a bit more while were were running around. I think it's because we were all working extremely hard and was sending a heat haze!

  

2 comments:

  1. You were a superstar encouraging our beginners! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I just love giving back to a fantastic club, and to encourage more people to take up this running malarky!

      Delete