Monday 12 October 2015

Beginners!

Hello blog lovers.

It's going to look at bit weird as I post up two running blogs and 1 cycling blog today, but they all deserve their own space!

So first is the beginners.

It's the week where the distance seems like a big jump from the previous week but it actually isn't!   Not when you look at the it mathematically, not that I am good at maths anyway!  The week where we were doing  3 mins running and 3 minutes walking was like jumping 50%, so now, it's only about 20%!  Ok so you can see I am no good a maths!

Anyway, we are still on the rec, the next time we are going to go on to the roads!  But for now, it's still on the grass.......with me in my new shoes!!  They are going to get so wet and muddy!  I arrived on time to walk the 2 laps warm up before the drills.  And then it was the running.  I stayed with Linda again,  we were in amongst the front runners and for the first half of the field Linda kept up with them all.  But that is not always a good thing!  You have to learn to pace yourself to your own agenda, and then build up on that!

We were only going to be running 4 reps now, which I guess is a bonus.  The ground was really wet. my shoes were getting so muddy and wet!  But not to worry, they are shoes, they are running shoes, they are doing a job!  Arrrrggghh my poor shoes!!  Time to focus again, get Linda through this weeks session.

She was struggling a bit this week.  I think sometimes you just do struggle.  Even if you are Mo Farah or Paula Radcliffe, there are days when you just don't 'feel it', and your times, your energy your mojo will still be having a lay in on a Saturday morning!  But with some encouragement we got around, at our own pace!

With just the warm down stretches to help with avoiding any muscles complaining another week was done!  Satisfaction from all the beginners for week 5 is obvious!  So enjoy helping out at this course!


No comments:

Post a Comment