Thursday 22 October 2015

If You Go Down To the Woods Today......Wear Wellies

Hello blog lovers,

This morning I went for a lovely run with J.J.   I do love running on Thursday mornings with my running buddies and today it was with one of my besties!  J.J. "So is it just like Tuesday club runs?" she said "Oh it's better" I said, "as we don't have to keep up with the crowd, we can stop and smell the ......well what ever there is to sniff at this time of year!"

Because I now have a running buddy today we can head to the woods!  It was just the two of us, DiscoRich's group had about 6 or 7 members.  They did try and persuade J.J. to run along with them but she put them in their place, she knows how much and how fast she can do!

We all headed out of the rec with the woods being our destination!  Of course DiscoRich's group was well up the road by the time we started running up the road, I had to wait for the satellites to find me!  We went into the woods via Dog Poo ally and turned left.  The ground wasn't that bad!  We had some rain yesterday, it seemed it rained for the entire day!  The woods got a nice soaking.  I had my new shoes on (I should invest in some trail shoes!) but I thought I would just 'go for it' you know, not worry about the mud too much! ........Oh you thought I was going go full speed ahead! No!,  Save that for the races!

We were going to be taking it nice and easy! And it was just as well.  By the time I got to the little stream going under the tunnel by the bridge, I suddenly felt a little unwell!  Just like I was about to throw up!  But I slowed down to a walk and let the moment pass.  I was thinking that I should have had something to eat earlier, or at least a cuppa.  Maybe it was lack of sugar or something, but it's too late now.

The route I was going today was up Botany Bay Lane, all the way up to the very top.  I wanted to go through the estate with the lovely house.  Well, we enjoyed the run down to the stream and the little bridge, but then it was all up hill!  J.J. seemed to have a mission going as she attacked the hill, wanted to get to the gate, to the lovely little house that is there.  I slowly jogged on behind her feeling like every step was with lead weighted legs!

We got to the gate and just took a breather, neither of us speaking for a few minutes, we just bent over in that 'clutching at the knees' pose that runners do.  We then just started to walk up a bit to get our mojo put back into place to tackle the rest of the hill.

We got to the top and ran along the road to the pub.  Wouldn't it be nice to just pop in there for a coffee right now, but we carried on.  I made a bit of a boo boo along this bit of road, I turned right too soon!  You can see that on the geeky stats.  But we eventually got the right road and ran along and down......and up to the entrance of the woods.

We decided to use the most walked path, which brings us out onto the paths that we regularly use in the summer when running in group 0.  It really was a lovely run, we chatted and talked, and squished in the mud.  I do love the feeling you get after each woody run.  Your lungs feel like that that have been through a spa session.

Running along the path next to the road and we know that not long and our run will be over.  We walked and we run around this route today, and as we were running down by the railway we saw DiscoRich's group coming down another path!  Perfect timing I say!

They were just a little ahead of us, I wasn't really going to try and keep up with them, but I knew we were not going to be that far behind.

So glad I went out today, so glad that J.J. came along.  so glad we have these woods right on our doorstep!

Geeky stats for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment