Monday 31 August 2015

Happy Anniversary Bromley Parkrun!

Hello blog lovers.
Some of our Petts Wood Runners!

I am very late writing up my blog, and the only excuse I have is 'Better Be Quick! commonly known as BBQ's.  I  had a family BBQ on Saturday, and we had to be quick then, running from the house to the umbrella, avoiding the rain to get out charcoaled meat. And then had a birthday BBQ for OrangeKarin!  And there you had to be quick, quick to get the last burger and then quick to get the last bit of Eton Mess!

So my blogging took a back seat, but now I am here.  It was the lat Parkrun of August but also the last time to try and better our August Parkruns for our club Grand Prix.  Unfortunately for me, this was the only Parkrun I have done this month!  And quite frankly I knew it was going to be anywhere near awesome, although I did try and push hard.

The six weeks of school holidays have been great fun but have also taken up a lot of my running and exercise time!  So there I was, feeling at tad heavier, a tad, bloatier (is that even a word?) and a tad lethargic than I was at the beginning of august.

Being the 6th anniversary of Normans Park Bromley there was plenty of cake!  A ton of cakes.  SingstarJo did this amazing big chocolate number 6 cake, there were tons of others too.  Also going on was some milestones of the runners and volunteers, so you can imagine the atmosphere on Saturday, it was like a huge party!

There must have been nearly 600 runners, all just doing it for fun!  Love it!  I wore my Petts Wood Runners top as it was officially a GP event, and took my place ready for the off.  I was standing along side J.J. and Janet but as soon as the 'Off' was giving then I just ran.

I think I must have got caught up with the runners as I wasn't standing at the very back as usual.  For one reason, we are running the course backwards!  So we are starting at Hook Farm Lane end of the park!  But I thought I would just go with it and see how I get on.

I was feeling pretty good, and I thought I could probably do quite well!  Maybe even getting a PB!  But I soon started fading, as my breathing was way out, my tummy was wibbling and wobbling and do it's own thing as I ran along!  By the time I finished the first part of the Letter B I was feeling it.  I had slowed down a bit.

On the second lap of the park I started chatting to another runner.  I found out that she was a PWR and her name was Gill.  We ran the rest of the way together.  She was just getting back into her running.  But we chatted, ran and encouraged each other for the rest of the way.

With jut the last tiny bit left, I just had to take a breather!  I told her to carry on running.  I saw her run off from me and I told myself off!  Not for the first time on that run either!  A right old rollicking, I just had to get back to running hard again!  I ;pushed for the last few meters!

I ran through the tunnel and collected my token!  Then I waited for J.J. and Janet to come in, but I saw Kim come in first!  Well impressed!  I waited for just a few more minutes and saw J.J and Janet come along after.  A hangover and a sore back was the reason for these two,  today they only came for the cake!

A great run and I totally enjoyed it, but then, there has not been many, if any, runs that I haven't enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment