Monday 3 August 2015

Get That Core Sorted!

Hello blog lovers.

I am trying very hard (again) to get fitter, lose some of this weight and to try and stay like it this time. Today I set off on my own for a 3 miler and then come back for some core training exercises in my house!  That was my plan!

When I thought about running and training early today, I thought I would just run around the block, you know, like I did last time when I decided to do a core session at my house.  But then I thought, "Why not run to the Harvesters, and then through the park?"  I might as well, it would only be less than 2 miles, a perfect warm up for the core exercises.

But then I thought, well if I go that far I might as well go all the way to Turpington and do at least 5k.  so thats what I did.  But I thought I might try something different. I thought I might try running with my heart rate monitor, and not let my heart rate get below 130 bpm.  I have the technology, I think I should try and use it.

I know that my resting heart rate is normally around 66-70 bpm and if I really concentrate hard, and totally relax I can get it around 56-60.  Now all this numbers mean nothing to me, but what I do now is that when my heart rate is 130 or above I am working hard!  I am running and not walking!  So to me that is good!

I did my 3 miles like that and yes I did walk, but as soon a my heart rate got to 130 I started running again!  It wasn't my fastest run of all time, nor was it my slowest!  But I am hoping to improve over the next few weeks, getting faster, putting in my miles and of course finding my abs which I am and will continue to work on whenever I can!

So, day 1 (again) done.  I hope I continue to push through this lethargy, and find my mojo!  I am just so pleased that I belong to a running club, because that alone gives me the incentive to keep going on a Tuesday evening and twice on Thursdays!

Solo run by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment