Tuesday 25 August 2015

Club Runs - At Least It's Stopped Raining!

Hello blog lovers

What a day!  Rain, rain and more rain!  I thought it would never stop!  Ok so this morning it was sunny and I was able to get the kids out for a run in the garden for an hour or so!  But then they were in all day!  The noise level was incredible!  Why don't kids have a volume control!

So I was in need of a good run!  It's too late in the year now to negotiate the woods, especially as it has been raining most of the day!  Although now the rain has stopped and the sky looks quite clear!  But I had made my decision and it's best not to change things!  Stick to my guns!

So the route for the Hero's today was up Birchwood and turn right to the round about and the turn right.  All the way down to Crossways, they up to the memorial hall, turn right and then run all the way to the other end of Crossways!  Simples.

Todays group we had Kim, J.J. and Janet, and SingstarJo and Jo, (both Jo's sing in the same choir, I can't call the both SingstarJo!) anyway, it was a great group!  Wendimoo was feeling a tad tired this week and Auriol was staying with her son as he recovers from chemo! (By the tons of prayers for you all, and I mean all my group 0's and family members xx)

I am feeling a bit heavy round the middle, the quiet weeks of the school holidays have been taking it's toll on my waistline and fitness levels.  No bike rides during the day, not running, and complete knackered in the evenings!  So getting up that first hill was going to be a challenge for me, let alone for anyone else! But no only that, I was playing catchup!  I had to put something in my car that I didn't need to bring with me, the others just jogged on.  Then I had to chase them so that I could at least look like I was in control of the group today!  I did it, but then we still had to run up the hill!

But after that hill, it's all down hill.....mostly!  And it was really a good run.  We were all chatting away and answering, I occasionally could manage more than just the one word answer as well, and so could Kim!  So I think we are all improving!

Everyone had a great run today! And the rain held off!

Geeky stats.



Group 1

SingstarJo was leading today, yes, she did group 0, but she hadn't seen J.J. Janet and Jo for a chat for a while so she decided to come along to that as well.  Anyway, S.J. has been running in group 3 recently and running at least 5 miles, so this will just keep on track with the miles.

And guess where she was heading? Yep, up Birchwood Road!  Of course it was just a tad faster than that of group 0, but thankfully not much faster as this is the warm up bit!  But unlike group 0 we don't stop for a breather at the top, we carry on, and on and on!  Our first catch up point is after we had run for about a mile and half!  Fortunately for me it was just after a downhill section and I managed to catch up with them and was just able to all stop together!  They didn't even notice that I was lagging behind a bit! I got away with that one!

The next stop was so invisible!  We carried on running and the next catchup point will be at the off license!  It seems a long way from here, but I know that it's only about a mile to go after that!  A breeze!  Funny I should say that, because the breeze that was there just at the start of our run seems to have gone, at least I wasn't feeling the benefit from it!  I was sweating like anything!  I thought I felt rain while we were all gathering at the rec, and I half expected a wet run, but I was regretting putting on my long pants!  Maybe it's still shorter pants time!

From the Off License it's all the way non stop to the rec, at least for the main group, I will be bringing up the rear ably supported and accompanied by our Moy!  And......she had informed me that it is her 'Joining Petts Wood Runners'!  Four years ago this evening she came along for the first time!  So Happy Anniversary Moy! Yay!!!!

We jogged along slowly to the rec, I didn't find any extra ooompf to get me to the rec, not sprint finish for me this evening!

A great run totally enjoyed it!



No comments:

Post a Comment