Tuesday 18 August 2015

Club Runs - The Light Is Fading!

Hello blog lovers.

The middle of August, three quarters of the way through the kids holidays!  Seems to be flying past!  There has not been enough running, not enough time in the woods!  I love running in the woods. so that was my route for group 0 today. The say route as last week but going in the opposite direction, a bit more challenging I think,

It is getting a bit darker, the light is just beginning to fade, going through Poo Ally you really do need to go carefully as it's quite dark in there.  I led J.J. Jan, Wendimoo and Jo. Jo has not been for a while, but she is getting back to it and what better way than group 0.

We came out of Poo Ally, all safe and sound, no trips or falls, thank goodness, and we turned right to go directly into the up hill going up parallel with the rail lines.  It's a good route this way, It's a gradual climb all the way to the top of the woods, even as we run along the by the side of Opington road, (although in side of the woods).  I didn't want to stop until I got all the way up to the road, just before we turn left!  I could hear the others behind, me, Wendimoo just chats away, I knew she was in sweeper position, J.J. and Jo was up with me.  So we will just wait at the top till they other two got to us.

Jo gave me a look when we go to the top!  A look that says, "Hills, really?"   I haven't the heart to tell her that we still got a couple more!  And that couple more was the path that runs along the top of the woods.  Last week we did this route running in the opposite direction of course, and we ran down the long hill, but this way we had to run up it!  After doing about a mile and a half anyway!  See what I mean about it being slightly more of a challenging route!

We all did the hill though, and everyone looked pleased that it was all over and done with,  Jo looked particularly happy when she saw the down hill along Botany Bay Lane!  All the way down to the river.........and then up again!  Still at least once at the top of the that is was nearly the end of the run!  With just he last bit running back along next to the rail lines to Poo Ally!

It was a great run and I think every one had a great time.  You can't beat running in the woods, I don't think group 1 will be running through there this evening!  Jo was pleased she did it!  It takes a lot of effort to get back out there a 'do it'!

Geeky stats.



Group 1

SingstarJo is taking group 1 thins evening.  She has come on leaps and bounds in her running, joining group 2 then 3.  I am not sure if she has even ran in group 4!  Totally well jel! But then she is 20 years younger than me. So of course she will be strong and fitter!  But seriously, I am just so pleased the way she has totally embraced running, especially as since she has abandoned doing any marathons! 

I was feeling a little jaded after group 0, so of course I offered to sweep!  I just knew there would be no way that I will be in the front!, or even in the middle of the pack!  I didn't quite catch what SingstarJo had said her route will be, which I was glad about really, because then I won't fret or worry about it, 

I guessed we wasn't going through the woods, especially when we passed by Poo Ally and then Little thrift.  Of course that left us with the undulations!  "It's fine Old Girl" I said my self, "Hills are our friend"  I keep trying with this mantra, I really do.  Leading group 0, going at my own pace, or that of any one of our Hero group then I can almost, almost believe it!

I was the last one to reach the other side of the rail lines, to the first schedule catchup.  Boy was I in need of that.  During the run to get there someone had asked how my shins were!  I didn't even think about it, they are not bothering me in the slightest!  Maybe the easing off  with the running, the lovely break that I have just had, has helped! In fact I had completely forgotten that I had problems with my shins!

We  crossed over the road then ran along to the triangle, SingstarJo was taking us down Crescent Drive.  Our next schedule stop will be the off license!  I knew I was going to be the last one there!  I was even considering letting SingstarJo know that I would be taking a short cut and going along to Tudor Way and back to my car!  But I carried on!

They were all waiting for me at the Off License, none of them even thought about popping in a buying a six pack! Oh well.  I was catching my breath and listen to S.J. as she said that we will be running along to St. Johns Road  and then running along St Johns road to Tudor way!  "Yes!!" I said rather loudly!  

After crossing over the road, we ran left to cross the bridge and then crossed back over.  But then they carried on running straight ahead!  In my confused and worn out brain, I hadn't actually picked up the fact that St. Johns Road  was not Beaumont Road, a shorter route to Tudor way.  Beaumont actually leads into St Johns!  I quickly told one of the runners that I will meet them in St. Johns as I am definitely taking the short cut this time.

I decided to wait for them, and only waited a short while before I saw them running towards me.  I joined back into the pack, and tried to stay there!  Of course I did,  after 5 and half miles I was just a little bit tired!  

The last bit along Tudor way and then Crossways was great!  Done at my own pace!  I joined the rest of the group in time for the usual stretches! A great run, loved it.  I just got to get fitter, I just got to get lighter!  I will do it!

Geeky stats



No comments:

Post a Comment