Thursday 28 May 2015

Stay In The Sack!

Hello blog lovers.

It's been a busy week with the kids off, fun, but busy.  I had been too tired really to right up my blog on Tuesday evening.  I had only done group 0, because of the 10k I did the day before!  It was just me and Kim for group 0.  I took the easier, shorter route through the woods, just to help my legs recover.

Once we ran through Dog Poo ally, I took the right hand path to follow the rail lines up to the road.  It's a nice gentle slope going up.  Both me and Kim ran all the way to top.  It's always an achievement when you run all the way to the first rest stop, whether it's up hill or on the flat!  We rested for just a few minutes before we started running again.

We completed the circuit of the woods at Kims pace, and we did it in plenty of time!  It felt good being out in the woods and I was tempted to run in group 1, but I am taking on board what PhysioMike says about resting, and recupperating.  As I am still suffering with these funny shin pains and little knee niggles, I will be tough on myself and take it easy....until Thursday evening that is!

Thursday Core Training

And so to today!  Core training time among other things!  Because of the school holidays I couldn't get out to run during the morning, but I think that is probably a good thing, rest these legs of mine.  I had taken the children for a short walk through the woods yesterday, so I've not been totally lazy!  

My friend and neighbour was coming along as well, you know her as OrangeKarin (formally NaggyNeighbour) and not only that but she was going to be bringing her pooch Chocolate! so now I really can say Chocolate OrangeKarin!

We arrived just a tad late, they were already on the first warm up lap of the rec, we joined in for the second one, with OrangeKarin and Chocolate playing catchup, (she had to do her shoes up!)  With the usual drills to really get our muscles warmed up and ready for the short busts of speed!

The pyramid running to the cones set out in front, stretching out in five lots of five cones, we were placed in teams.  I was in a team of four, so we had extra runs to do so that we were all equal!  When I say equal, it does mean that in our team we were going to be doing extra runs than the other teams, but we can do that!

It was all good fun.  But then Instead of going straight into the core training, because sometimes we have kids come along, DiscoRich thought it would be great fun for the kids to be included.  So, new for this year we included a kids friendly and fun race.  But today we only had 2 children with us this evening, but that didn't stop the kids race.  The kids race for this evening was going to be the sack race, DiscoRich had asked for some volunteers! There were four of us who volunteered He did say some little ones!  Well I thought 'little' meant short, you know, so that you could reach the top of the sack when you're standing up in it!  All the little people got in, and had plenty of room to manoeuvre, wheres as mine, well, mine was more like your sexy tight fitting type of sack!

Still, it worked! The little girl, I think, won the race, we had a faller at the top of the course and me and Jane we virtually at a standstill!  We got about half way down the course by the time the others were coming back!  I decided that the race was over, and just go back with just one foot in the sack! Here, this is a photo of me just before the race!  The girls took a video of me as well, but I don't know how to upload it to here!

Just before the race

Me finishing 


Anyway, after the fun race it was back to the core training, with the planks, and push ups and things to strengthen our core.  I am sure there are some abs in here somewhere, screaming to come up!  SingstarJo also did the Sun Salutation Pilate's type of training, which was good!  I must try and do this at least once a day if not twice!  OrangeKarin let the dog off the leash while we were doing the core session, and she was just hilarious, trying to give O.K. kisses while she was doing the exercises.

But I think what was amusing me more is when O.K. yelled out "Chocolate!" while we were planking, I could imagine everyone thinking "Oh yes please!" Or was that just me!

And then back to the speed training with the batons, relay running! 

All in all a great session. I do like Thursdays, whether at the track or in the rec!  My shins seemed to stop hurting by the end of the session, strangely.  But I know that when I start running again it will be back for a short while!  


No comments:

Post a Comment