Sunday 10 May 2015

Slow Down!

Hello blog lovers

This mornings run still took place, even though some of the schools have closed down and being used for polling stations, its the general election today!  But it seems that I am not needed to look after kids, so I can get out for my usual run with the ladies!

Charlene wanted to come along, as a bit of cross training for her cycling!  She does the whole crazy riding through the trails and woods, up and down hills etc!  This will be her first run with me, and I was planning on doing a hill myself!  But she is young, and fairly fit anyway, so I was guessing she should be alright!

Also with us was Denise and Viv, so the four of us set off together.  DiscoRich had a couple of ladies with him who wanted to do the faster run, so he went off on his way and we followed after.  We were going in through Dog Poo ally and then turning left.  It had been raining last night and I expected the paths to be a little sticky!  I was right!  I have another chance to get Viv's shoes dirty!

Mind you, she had told that she has her 'middle' pair on today, not the good pair, not there onese that have been confinded to the decorators attire, but the middle pair.  I think she don't trust me!  Charlene was doing well, she was chatting, I think even WendiMoo will be totally impressed with how much she can talk!  But I was having to reel her in abit.

She has never been running before, and now she was running out with us.  I am not the faster runner, and this is not track, so we were running, most of the time, around 12 min mi,  but taking it very gently through the sticky bits.  I slipped a couple of times.  I wasn't taking things particularly 'dainty'
as I don't have the marathon to think about anymore, so I can almost go gung ho through the middle but just skirted around the edges!  If I didn't have my bike with me I would have just gone though the middle, but I didn't want to slip off from my pedals later!

We were running the same routes that Charlene does on her bike with her pals!  So she knows all the pitfalls and lumps and bumps of the paths.  It's different trying to ride up hills to trying to run up hills.  Different set of muscles, different strenght needed, so it's going to be interesting to see how she does on Goss hill!

So after going over all the bridges we went through Jubilee Park, and then Charlene had a brilliant idea that she would pick up her mates pooch and take it for the rest of the run!  So now we had another lady with us!  She was a sweet dog called Bear, and stayed with the rest of the 'pack' as we continued our run.

The next bit of the run is that hill, Goss Hill, my nemesis!  I have still got to get up this bloomin hill in one go! I watch as Denise and Viv went up, I gave Charlene some tips on hills, using arms as pendulums etc, and then we sent.  The quardruped just breezed up there looking totally bored, while I followed everyone up the hill.!  I couldn't make it this time! Next time I will.  It seemed as if everyone else made it to the top in one go!  I'm the odd one out!

I checked on the time and distance and decided that we should be making our way back now, so we headed along the top of the woods to the middle path and then ran all the down!  We came out of the woods and ran along to the rec.  Finished our run in 1 hour and 1 minute!  DiscoRich had beaten us back to the rec!  But still, it was a great run, and the weather was just gorgeous, and I think Viv's shoes were still almost sparkling clean!

Geeky Stats!

No comments:

Post a Comment