Sunday 22 February 2015

Sunday! I Wish It Was A Sun Day!

Hello blog lovers

A beautiful morning, perfect for a run, but then I do have church to go to.  So off I went to church.  But I had made plans to go on a long run, WendiMoo was going to be joining me and so was J.J.  but she will only be running for about 6 miles.

J.J. came along to my house, we were going to run  to bottom Oxhawth to meet WendiMoo there.  I think WendiMoo must have come out earlier as she was already making her way along Oxhawth to me.  At least we will all be starting out together for todays run......well WendiMoo obviously will have done an extra 1.5 or so!

All ready, the three of us made our way out of the door.  The sky was no longer a lovely blue, it was white, it also started to feel chillier that it had earlier! Why, why, do you not want me to enjoy my run!!??

 Because WendiMoo had walked to my house there was no need to go to bottom Oxhawth, so a quick recalculation in my head of where I wanted to be, and I decided that Hollingworth road would be ideal starter hill to get our hearts pumping!  I would be cutting off, I think, about half a mile.  That's not too bad, as this will be J.J's longest run, I think it would be good to ease her way in it.

We all smashed the hill, it's short but when you have cold legs it's tough.  I think I remember saying something about this little hill  before, that it seems longer and steeper after 2 miles!  So really there is no happy mediums when it comes to hills....no matter how short they are, I dislike them.

We ran to Shepperton ready to go down the cinder path, all running very well indeed.  WendiMoo and J.J. were not really feeling the 'love' today, with the whole running thing, WendiMoo was tired and J.J. just wasn't really up to running, but they both got themselves here and were doing really well. Strangely I was feeling good.  Even though it was a bit chilly and bleak looking, I would really have loved to have ran this morning, but just at that point I was doing ok!  I didn't say anything, I didn't even want to think about it any more, just in case.....you know...... you put the "heebeegeebees" on it!

I usually avoid running the little loop at the end of the cinder path but of course today we need miles under our feet so we went around the loop.  For some reason it really seemed quite short!  We ran down and then up and then next thing I knew we were back to where we had started!  I am beginning to think that when I took the ladies on a Thursday run around here a few weeks ago, then I must had done it twice!  Now, when did I last do this, I can check up on my geeky stats?!

After running along to the roundabout we went straight over, even though WendiMoo was looking forward to heading on along the nice long down hill section that we normally run on.  This time though we were doing the Palace estates!  We need the miles!  I was feeling pretty good (still) and just kept on running.  Our next walking section happened on a down hill section.  I chose to take the walking break, as I knew we still had miles to do, W.M. and J.J. ran!  They were loving the down hills.  When I mentioned to J.J. earlier that I will be doing my usual run a mile walk a minute, I said to her that there will be times where you will feel you can just run on through the mile.  I guess this was her and W.M.'s time to fly!

The road up from the off license all the way up to 'Cardiac Hill' was next.  Now you know why I relish every walking section and not run through the mile.  I really wanted to conquer this hill, especially after having a couple of miles in my legs!  I wanted to prove it to myself that I could do it.  Obviously I wouldn't beat myself up if I couldn't.....much!  And there it was. Cardiac Hill, looming up.....nothing like Summer Hill, but still it's there.

All of us started to run up it, W.M. first then J.J. followed by me.  I passed J.J. and then I passed W.M.  I didn't want to stop, I just had to do it.  All the way to Willet Way, where group 1 normally have a little breather after doing the hill.  I can't remember the last time I ran this bit of Cardiac Hill with out stopping, but today I was determined to!  And I did it! I was well pleased.  W.M. and J.J. had a bit of a walk/run up it but we had a quick stop to get our breath. "Do I feel rain in the air" says J.J. "It's just heavy mist" I joked, and I hoped that was as heavy as it gets.

With just a short way to go for J.J.  and half way for me and W.M. the rain started to get a little heavier. By the time we got to J.J.'s road it was coming down even more.  Thoughts of the last long run in the rain crept into my thoughts.  Yet I was still feeling good.  The cold hadn't started to effect me yet, and it was getting colder!  We said goodbye to J.J. and continued our way to Little Thrift. Over the bridge and then through the park.  The cold, the wet and the wind making our running, again, not a very pleasant experience.  I know that if it is raining on either of the races I have booked on then I will just get on with it! But right now, when I don't have people waiting for me on a finishing line then the thought of going home earlier was crowding my mind.

By the time we got through Whitehall rec both W.M. and me were feeling pretty cold and wet!  We decided that it's time to call it a day on this run, best to keep our running fun, and not a chore!  It's the only way to keep on doing things that you love doing!  So we ran to W.M.'s house, said goodbye to her and then I ran to Southborough Lane.  I was still thinking about getting in as much distance as I could before I got home.  I thought about running up the A21 and then turning down to Princes Plain, but then there would be no chance of me adding to my miles if I felt I could go on, not with my house almost with in touching point.

Southborough Lane was the only option.  At least then I could if I wanted to, run up to Petts Wood and add an extra mile.  I turned down to start my soggy cold and windy way home.  WendiMoo was right, the wind down here is just horrible.  I knew then that going up to Petts Wood is not going to happen.  My jacket was sticking to me as the wind blew, I only put on short sleeves under my jacket and I was feeling so cold now, my jacket sticking to me like a second skin.

I turned down bottom Oxhawth and ran along to Farringdon.  The rain now really starting to sting my face, I even thought that it was hailstones!  It was hurting that much.  It was good to see my road, I kept running all the way till my door.  So I didn't do the whole route again, but I was pleased with the run that I did.  I was pleased I ran up the hills, and I was pleased to have my running buddies with me!  And I also think that the Dextrose energy  things was working well for me!

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment