Tuesday 17 February 2015

Boot Hills!

Hello blog lovers.

Just the one report this evening.  I think due to half term nobody showed for group 0.  I was a bit out of whack sending out emails and and text messages, stuff just got in the way today and yesterday I was also busy doing stuff......and recovering from wet, long run!

So I was totally fresh for group 0 this evening, and looking forward to what was ahead.  Well, that is until Illustrious leader told us the route!  As it is half term she said "I have had time to play on plot my route" or which ever one she uses, "And come up with this one"  This route had a very cheeky little hill loop to do....twice "Just for you Old Girl" said Illustrious Leader, "I heard you were enjoying some hills" she continued.  It was dark so I couldn't see if she was smiling when she said it!

Hills are our friends, we like hills.....nay..... we love hills! Nope, it's not working!  I still don't like hills but I am trying desperately to respect them.  To add some in my runs now, just as I.L. has today.  She did give the option of only doing the little hill loop once,  but everybody did it twice!  How could I not do it twice!  So I powered up it a second time.

There were more undulations all the way back, I tried my best, I walked when I needed and when I was needed to (sweeper) and really enjoyed the route!  Yup, I said that! It was undulating, but it was a different route, we ran along some of the same roads but we got to them in different ways, and it really was an interesting route.  It took your mind of the undulations.  I think I quite like I.L.'s routes when half term is here!

Only one bit of downer on todays run and that was one of members had a tumble, but she said she was fine.  Petts Wood through and through!  We got back to the rec and had our stretches and warm down.  I really enjoyed todays run!

Geeky stats.  It amused me when I uploaded todays stats, it was the 'picture' that it drew! A Boot, which is where the title comes in! (Just in case you were wondering)




No comments:

Post a Comment