Monday 28 April 2014

One Runner Two Runs!

Hello blog lovers.

I have two to write about today.  Two days after the last one!  If it wasn't for unscrupulous people then we wouldn't need 'Virus Protections' and because my had run out I had to wait until I installed the new antivirus!  Anyway, enough moaning,  let me see if I can recall my two runs that I was talking about.

First of it was my Thursday morning run.  Usually I lead a small group for a 3.5 mile little jaunt, maybe through the woods, but when I turned up at the rec, there was only the faster members of the other group that meets on Thursday.

Now as I had a very lovely afternoon planned I decided to go back to my home and do a solo run, starting and ending there.  I decided to do the route that Naggy Neighbour and I did a few days (weeks??) ago. Up the path that would take me to that long ago favourite place for me to get to 'Turn around Lamppost' But I didn't go as far as there today, I turned left to go through the park and then I was going to turn right and run towards the A21 from there. 

I couldn't seem to get into the same stride that I had with Naggy there....well,,, nagging, but I tried to imagine her there just to keep my backside moving forward at a faster pace than that of the squished snail I had to jump over!  In my mind was the thought of the half marathon that is on the 17th May!  It's not that far away and I am totally under trained for it, due to sickness and my mother in laws hips!  All excuses and reasons I know, but I know I haven't been running enough!

I had started to 'beat myself up' again and I knew that is not what I want my running to be about.  It's all about just being out here and running, whether there is a few walking sessions thrown in, that's ok, whether I chat to people on route (not that I had that pleasure today, because boy, would I have done that) keeping it fun and just 'Running for Running Sake' is what its all about. 

I am sure if that stays like that then I will just want to do more, when I do more the fitter I get, the fitter I get ...... well you know the scenarios!  It wasn't until I started running down the A21 towards Bromley that I got my head straight again.  A brilliant tune came in my ears (solo runs always require music) it was 'Nutbush City Limits'  I literally was dancing down the A21, all arms and smiles as I ran towards the round about!

A jogger running in the opposite direction must have noticed this weird person running towards him, all arms punching in the air, as when he got close he too started to 'punch' the air!  It was a brilliant moment.  That was the best part of this particular run, and it's a song that I am deffo putting on my Jogging Tunes folder.  I am currently going through all my tunes and creating my personal fav songs to jog along to!

Any way after that brilliant moment, some other tunes came on and I just pushed the fast forward button, and generally looking for another brilliant tune.  This run didn't quite reach that moment as I walked jogged all the back home.

Then it was a quick shower, make up get into some casual but smart clothes and off to meet my step mother for tea and The Goring, you may have heard of it, I believe a certain young royal used this Hotel to get married from!  I shall add a picture of our tea just after the geeky stats for this run.



The Middle section of the whole tea experience

Little mans little Goring sheep!

L-R Ashliegh, me, Joy Dawn and little man!


And so to run number 2 and this was a park run.  I am really having to be strict with myself to get out of bed and continue with my parkruns.  I do love them, I love the distance, I love the place and I love the people that turn up for just the sheer enjoyment of running, and most of all I love the volunteers who make these park runs possible!  Some of them are injured runners just wanting to be a part of the running crew, others feel its 'their turn' to give back to the Parkrun for all the enjoyment they have had so far.  They are there tons earlier than I was.  I got there about 08:50, ten minutes to walk to the other side of the park and get the satellites linked to my Garmin!

After we were giving the off of course there is a full surge of people,  I wasn't at the back of the pack today, I was just kind of in the last quarter.  I just ran along with the pack and then checked my Garmin.  It was a tad fast for my liking! Of course! So I settled back into my own pace, it took till I got just after we ran along side the river before I got there.  I was hoping that I didn't 'burn myself out' Ok, so I was looking for excuses already, for the reason that I would not be getting anywhere near my PB.  I still don't know how I did it that day!

But again I had to tell myself off for even thinking about PB's, "running is all about having fun" I had to remind myself.  So what did I do then, I beat myself up even more! "It's only 3 miles, get around it you old bag" were the thoughts going through my mind! Well  put it down to the fact that I am not a morning person!

I had to real myself back in, stop the nasty thoughts, PBs are not in my vocabulary anymore!  They, if they ever appear, will be bonuses!  But for now, my biggest bonus is that......I can run....whenever I want!  After I decided that if I want to walk I will do then I started get back to it again.  But then a girl patted me on my back when we were at the other end of the park for the first time (while I was doing my walking bit) "Come on, you can do it" she said to me, and then I picked up again.  I kept on running with me her and chatting to her.  I found out that she was also pregnant!!  There she was, busy growing a baby and keeping up with her running! (And over taking me!) 

We stayed together for the rest of the lap, just chatting and jogging along.  On the second lap I started to feel it a bit.  But my companion wouldn't let me become a slacker as she kept me going to the top of the park again.  But then I was getting tired and she still had tons of energy, although she said that each week she has been getting 10 seconds slower!  No surprise really as baby is growing and making mum look for bigger running tops!

But I kept her in my sights, she was chatting to a friend of hers who I think had already finished as was just going for fun! I later found out that they were all PWR's  or ready to be PWR's amazing!  I do belong to a brilliant club!

I got back to the funnel and my companion was there with her husband and her other child and her friends, they were cheering me through!  Of course I forgot to stop my Garmin, but with Parkruns I don't mind so much as I only use my Garmin for pacing.

My official time for the Parkrun was 37:10. Ok not the fastest, but then I really had a nice time!  That's all that matters for me.

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment