Tuesday 22 April 2014

Club Runs

Hello blog lovers.

What a difference a week makes!  Our first run through the woods last week and we were running over soft bouncy terrain, nice dry paths with the occasion soupcon of a muddy puddle to keep it interesting.  This week, well this week is totally different, it seems to be muddy puddles with a soupcon of dry path!

But I was having fun!  Some of the puddles were ankle deep, I know! I went through them! It seemed the only sensible, safest way!  And I do love going through puddles!  Can you believe this old townie is enjoying the country side! 

Anyway today, I had 6 lovely people with me, all eager to tramp through the woods, well, I think maybe one was a little apprehensive! And looking at the picture of the shoes at the end, guess which ones are not that keep on the whole mud fest, and kept finding little dry paths, going 'on safari' to find less wetter areas to run on!

My shoe with the pin laces, by far
the muddies! With a very clean looking
shoe to my right!


Our route is going to be the same as last week but done in the opposite direction.  My estimation of last weeks route was about 3 miles, and I was night on spot on.  Although I didn't have my Garmin with me today, (I had forgotten it!) SingstarJo had her one on and it showed that we ran 3.03 miles.  That is nearly Group 1 distance!  I think I will be working.....ooops running myself out of a job at this rate!  My lovely ladies will soon be ready for group 1

Talking of which, one of our ladies in this photo didn't run with me today, she did last week! But she felt that she wanted to try group 1 this evening. See how it goes!  My stepping stone back to group runs is showing more results!  Love this running malarkey!

Here is my lovely ladies, with Wendi in the middle, who ran with group 1 today.

The lovely Ladies doing 'The Zero"



Group 1

After the brilliant run through the woods the light had started to fade, and it was not going to be another visit through there tonight.  Sherry was taking the lead today and me and Illustrious Leader will be taking on the role of sweep.  I was expecting a nice little easy run from Sherry today, as she did the Marathon just over a week ago (by the way, I hope you all managed to at least get your ballot places in before the online registration closed 9 hours and 55 minutes later!), so you think that she has one on the shorter routes that we have done. But no, she has chosen a 4 mile route, with of course, those undulations, which around our area, I admit, are hard to avoid!  But well, its good training right!

Our route was going straight up Birchwood and then to the round about and beyond  She mentioned, Shepperton and Crescent Drive, which are more undulation roads, but there are ways and means of 'getting away' from those which I pointed out, and then cries of 'Marathon cheat' was jokingly called out.! (how can anyone think they can get away with that, surely they must have realised that the times were being monitored every 5 or 10 k, what did he think those mats were for, wiping his feet!)

I was a bit concerned about Wendi and it I wanted her to know that there will be no pressure for her to stick to the whole route. There is a shorter alternative and a place where we can meet up with the rest of the group and finish together, or even just go back to the rec and wait for the others.  Knowing that I think will take the pressure of her and she won't 'beat herself up'. 

Running is and has to stay fun!  The minute it because not fun then you just wont want to do it. 

We did take the shorter route, and we met them back at the rec. but what a good run.  According to Wendi's run keeper we had actually cover 3.47 miles!  That is just brilliant!  Next week I shall remember to bring my Garmin!  I love my geeky stats!  At least I didn't do what I have done before and that is to put on my HRM and then leave my watch at home!

So thanks Sherry, it was a good run.  We ran at least 95% of it! at least that!

Oh and I thought I would show you what happens after you run through puddles and then run for another 3.47 miles on pavement!

No comments:

Post a Comment