Monday 14 April 2014

Hello! It's Here At Last!

Hello blog lovers.

It's quite a short couple of blogs, my memory is useless for keeping information in it after a few days, and it files things in the, 'when you least need it, you will recall this moment' filing cabinet in my brain!  This is one of the reasons I started to record all of my exercising in the first place, just so that I can see how far I have come on!

You may have thought I had dropped off the face of the earth. But for a week I felt like I had!  So let me start from Tuesdays last week, because of my lack of organisational skills of late I hadn't actually asked anyone to help me with group 0, but for the last couple of weeks we have been managing quite well between ourselves.  I was feeling the cold virus getting to me, and I made a suggestion that the group might want to do some relay type of running around the green. I thought I might use my Leadership skills in directing the proceedings from the middle of the green.

Yes it is a bit like exercise, some love it, some absolutely hate it.  And we do have sessions like that each summer, which I am hoping to get my group 0 members along to, so I didn't push them to do the relay session. Instead I chose the easier of our two routes, with the option for me to cut it short for myself while I send the rest of the group for the full run!

I guess you are wondering why I was doing that, well, it's because I was 'saving' a bit of energy for group 1, I was going to be leading it!  The group 0 members we all very good to me, and they all kept together really well that evening.  Well I did cut my run short, as the all headed for the long undulating roads, Great Thrift, Hazelmere etc, I took Towncourt Lane and went into the Park through the back way to wait for them!

I had given my Garmin to JJ to continue with the route, (and so that I can look at their pace later!) so the geeky stats will show that my heart and flat lined! But let me assure you that I was perfectly well! (apart from this stupid cold thing)  Anyway, the girls did very well and met me back in the park for a warm down stretch.

Here is the geeky stats for Tuesday 8th Group 0 run.


Group 1

As I had said a little earlier, I was leading this group as well!  Can you believe it! Me?! Leading group 1.  All the other usual group 1 leaders were either away, injured or even leading other groups, so I just kind of volunteered to do it!  I volunteered before I started to feel unwell!  But again, I chose a route that would be beneficial to me and hopefully to all other members of the group today.  It was the Kelvin Parade route.  It has a twiddly bit in the beginning, which meant that I had to keep up fairly well in the leadership role to show them where to go, or even to direct any front runners, and then the second half of the run is a straight road, almost, on the way back, so there they can pick up a bit of speed, and then to just wait at the 'regrouping' stop by the off license (which is now a mini mart) for the back runners and sweeper to catchup!

It all went really well, just as I hoped it would.  Ok, so I wasn't quite in the front of the group like typical leaders should be, but then again I am not your typical leader!  And I think everyone had a good run, and we all stretched out after when we got back to the rec.  I didn't lose anyone, and thankfully no fallers on my first leading assignment for group 1. 

This is about as much as I can remember from last week, for after this I cam home, and just downloaded the geeky stats and put them up on facebook for those that wanted to see the pace and route, and then I rested! In fact I rested for the next two days, more or less in bed!  The cold virus really did a number on me, 100 to be exact, 100 was the temperature that I was running for two days solid!  I was feeling really awful.

So no running for me.  I hope to get back to my running tomorrow with my group 0 members, and back to sweeping duties with group 1.  All is right with the world!

Look out for tomorrows blog!, which will be written the following day as Tuesday we will be celebrating after our club runs with all the spring marathoners at the pub! And also a bonus blog as well, also due out tomorrow, (Tuesday 15th!)

Geeky stats for Group 1 Tuesday 8th April.


No comments:

Post a Comment