Tuesday 18 June 2013

Pettswood,The Place To Run!

Hello blog lovers.

Today is club run, as all my regular readers know, and our group 1 ranks have swelled slightly with the welcoming of the graduates from the beginners class.  And also our Illustrious Leader is taking them further into the woods than they have been before!  So all in all, a great evening is planned!

Sister-in-law Jackie is there, her friend couldn't make it this time, and some of the other beginners were all looking a bit apprehensive, but we assured them that no one will get lost, or left behind!  Our route is going through 'Poo Ally' and then instead of going left we are going straight up, into the heart of the woods.  It is a bit of an incline, but it is a very do-able incline for the beginners, and me!  I kept thinking that I had done Goss hill, which is a bit steeper than what we are doing now.  I am hoping that the lovely woods, and the trees and the peace and quiet will be a beautiful distraction to the beginners as they run up the hills.  Once at the top it will be all down hill, apart from the little incline just before the back of the school, which I am sure they will all manage to do.

The group was really keeping together quite well, with just one of our beginners at the back, but PhysioMike was with her, keeping her motivated and encouraging her along the way. I stayed with my sister-in-law as she kept running along.  She didn't think she would be able to do a group 1 run, but she managed to keep up with the main group.

A great introduction to the Pettswood runners club, and I believe they will all enjoy being part of the club, one of the best running clubs around.....or am I just a tad biased?! And a brilliant route for all of us to realise just how gorgeous our doorstep is, He has blessed us with such a fantastic place to live!

No geeky stats today, as I loaned my Garmin to Hitchy, who is now a group leader herself, and she lead group 3 today, taking in Summer Hill!! See what can happen when you start running with the Pettswood Runners.



No comments:

Post a Comment