Thursday 27 June 2013

The Mighty Moosh!

Hello Blog lovers!

It's Thursday, and I am really enjoying my new Thursday sessions with the PWR's.   I feel sure they are working, I can 'plank' till the leader says "And rest" (just about), but today was particularly good fun as I and the rest of the very brave souls, who ventured out this evening, was introduced to something completely different!  Well by the way Emma showed her stuff then I think she has done a few sessions with Adele before!

We started off with some gentle jogging to warm up, 2 laps of the rec. Then once back it was straight into drills and then some more running!  And boy did Adele make us run today! Oh, by the Adele is taking the session today, she does personal training as well, I believe, but in another guise, she trains knockout stars! Anyway, the running was pretty good, hard work of course, but that's why we are here!

The rec was divided into 4 and our task today was to run 80% for the first quarter, then the second quarter just a slow jog, then 80% for the next......and then run for 100%. No slow jog, no walking, but 100% to the finish. We had a little rest after, for about 30 seconds and then Adele said, "Ok, lets go again!" and she had a smile on her face!

I sucked in a load of air, and followed after the rest of the team! There was about 8 of us doing the session today, I think the wet stuff falling gently from the sky put a few of the others off!  We did that fast running one more time! I was sweating, but I think I gave as much as I could have done.  Then the new exercise. Boxercise! Something I have never tried before, and I think 99% of todays team hasn't either.  But what great fun it was.  I think the last time I put on a pair of boxing gloves was when my brothers were about 11 years old, and for Christmas one of them had a punch ball as a gift!  My goodness that was like 40 odd years ago!!! How scary is that!?



After a few rounds with gloves and pads, (did I say what total fun it was), and a cool down jog around the rec, the session continued with the core training, planks and this kind of 'legs up and lift  your butt of the ground with tummy thing', and then this V abs thingy!, I think I did about 2 of those! All done on the mats that Adele kindly bought along as well.    She is a tough session Leader! And I just loved it!  I think the rest of the team did as well! Including Nanny McPhee Michele and SingStarJo who showed up for their first Thursday session, at least I think it was SingstarJo's first.

What more can I say? Is the Thursdays working, yup I believe they are! What's for next Thursday? Rest days now, till the Orpington 10k on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment