Wednesday 12 June 2013

Final Week For Beginners!

Hello blog lovers.

This blog is a day late, and you will find out why at the end.  It was the last day for the beginners, before their first 5k park run on Saturday!  From their first day 8 weeks ago, running for 1 minute then walking for 2 to today, running for 20 minutes and walking for 10 then running for 10 minutes.

When they heard last week what they were going to be doing this week, they were a little bit anxious, and some even felt they wouldn't be able to do it! But after the drills and warm up we gave them all the encouragement we could.  They can do! They have done well so far. Helping with PhysoMike today is Illustrious Leader, Singstar Jo,  and Peter.

The route was going to be a straight out and back, through Jubilee Park and keep running until the Garmin says 16 minutes and the we are to turn around and head straight back the same way.   I had four in my group, but me and SingStar Jo joined up together.  As we ran out, two of my group were running really well, and so they joined in on Peters group, and the other two ladies were just a tad faster than Singstar Jo's group of ladies. 

Once we were over the bridge I told the two ladies to keep on going, while I waited for the others, after all we didn't want them to go off down Tent Peg lane.  As I saw them come from the path I started off to catch up the others.  In the meantime another beginner from Illustrious leaders group came running up doing his own pace.  He was doing very well indeed!

We had managed to get as far as Bickely Manor Hotel in the 16 minutes time limit, and then I had to do my whistle to call the escapee from I.L. Group to turn around and head back to the rec.  We still kept on running though, for another 4 minutes.  They were all doing so well, and I am sure they were all surprised at what that have actually achieved.

They were ready for the 2 minutes walking!  Which went really quickly!  Just the 10 minutes left of jogging to get back to the rec.

Next its the 5k Park run at Normans Park!  I am looking forward to it! It's going to be fabulous.  Them all doing their own thing, their own pace, with just us that to encourage and help in anyway.

Geeky stats.

Next it was our club run.  As it had been raining we didn't go into the woods and I.L. was leading today.  Our first bit of road was up hill, Birchwood, I was still feeling it from doing the 20 minutes running (usually I have a walk before that time!) So it just goes to show me that I can actually do it when I need to! 

Me and Singstar Jo were sweeping at the back. But the group was running really smoothly, every body was evening paced for the first half.  It wasn't until we were heading along, I think it's Chislehurst road, that I started to slow up a bit. The rest of the group, however was doing well.  Singstar Jo stayed with me at the back, but we were never far from the main group.

I was looking forward to the next stop.  It was just before we got to Willet Way.  This is where I.L. said that we can go at our own pace, fast of slow but no changing the route!.  She also said that me and Singstar Jo and be relieved of our sweeper positions and put some speed in! 

I really didn't think I had any legs left, and was quite happy to plod on home at the back, and so was S.J.  But from somewhere deep inside both us started to push forward, not as fast as the front runners, they are way up in the distance, but we did start to over take, and then me and S.J. had a bit of a race down Crossways!  We both not sure who was racing who, but let me just say that S.J. came in first!

A great run and it just goes to show that there is always something left when you think there is not!  Oh and after the group run, me and a couple of other ladies we out to the pub for a well earned refreshment :-)

Geeky stats.


No comments:

Post a Comment