Saturday 1 September 2012

Searching For The Mojo!

Hello blog lovers.

Nagging sister persuaded me again to run the Park Run. I don't know why I agreed, especially as I had ran 6 and half miles yesterday! So I set the alarm, and duly woke up this morning, feeling stiff, and achy. Funnily enough, just like I had ran 6 miles the dage before!

I decided to take the car to the park, rather that ride my bike. I shall be doing some bike riding later, when I find out where abouts the Old Boy has headed out to.

I wasn't expecting to beat my PB, but I was still going to try! Daft old mare, I know, but you always got to chase the PB's.

We set off, again a little too fast, just following the crowd so I had to slow myself down. I knew It was going to be a tough park run today. My legs felt like lead as I tried to keep on target for at least a sub 35. I really didn't think that was going to be possible! As we were going through the middle of the park for the first time Nagging Sister had obviously seen where her mojo was as she took off from me. Maybe I should just run up to the tea stand now, have a nice cuppa, eat a bit of cake, and wait for Nagging Sister.

But I have started, and I will finish! No good starting something if you can't finish! So the second lap started. I had Dolly Long socks in my sight, is she going to pull away from me again.........yup she is. So lets find my next race. I saw a couple of chaps in front of me. They were going to be my race. These chaps were going great guns. Park run is a great leveller, for me. Yes, you get your fast, 'Got to get that No.1 token' types but you also get the running cos I can types, I just love those people. No matter what time they get in, as long as they are running then its all good. But you also get the 'I want to be fitter and slimmer' types. And this chap that I was following was one of those. He was a quite a big chap, but he had a good pace going, (he was in front of me for a start!) I kept over taking him then walking and he over took me, and it was like this for last half of the second lap. I could hear him as he cleared is throat behind me, which made me push myself harder.

Of course I slowed down again and he took over. I said to him 'Your doing great" and then he told me what his target was, he was to get in at 35 minutes. 'Oh blimey' I thought! I need to get in way before that to beat my PB. Obviously I tried to push it a little bit more! There is just no way my legs were going to co-operate! I think I will have to be satisfied with a time of 35 minutes of less! I definitely don't want any slower that that!

I kept Big Man in ear shot or in my sight. He is going to have to be my pacer! Like I say, Park Run is a great leveller! He was in front of me as we ran down that last straight, towards the tunnel, I tried as hard as I could to get ahead of him, but lead legs seemed to be digging deeper into the ground with each footstep, making it even harder to yank them up for the next step!

Big man beat me! He was well pleased as he came in under his 35 minutes target, and thank goodness, so did I. it would have put me in a bad mood if I didn't.

But.......but........ I did beat last weeks time! Official park run time is 34.31 a whole 10 seconds quicker!

Here is my geeky stats for todays run, also showing that I am about 10 seconds fast for last weeks Garmin stats.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/217551623

And now if you want, you can read my other blog about todays exercise, its here

http://moosh-ridinghigh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/get-up-get-out-stop-feeling-sorry.html?spref=fb

No comments:

Post a Comment