Tuesday 25 September 2012

I'm A Model!

Hello blog lovers.

Well today was a bit of a special day. Today I was doing a photo shoot and interview for a magazine, 'Womens Running'. I know, can you believe it! This Old Couch Potato being photographed for a running magazine! Just a few short years ago I would have thought that was the last magazine in the whole world that would have interviewed me, maybe 'Gut Bucket Extra' would have been more my style back then! So with a few other ladies and The Jogging Hippo, there we were, trying to look like belonged in front of the camera, looking at the sky hoping that it wasn't go to rain, and ruin the hair!

But after our photo shoot it was down to the serious business of running. Well my legs are still recovering after the hideous hill workout that I had put them through on Sunday! So I wasn't expecting to be flavour of the month with group 1 today. I was expecting to be at the back, moaning and groaning and apologising for keeping everyone waiting. So you can imagine my surprise when I gradually worked my way through the pack, and was running up at the front with our Illustrious Leader at the front!

Well, to be totally fair, (and honest) the new, mmm, what would you call it,....protocol now, as its getting quite dark, is to jog the first mile as a warm up. Apparently there are a few people that just rock up to the club runs without doing a proper warm up, ahemmm, [clears through] that will include and nagging sister as well! And probably, quite a few other people as well!

So the pace was so more sedate, yes, thats the word, sedate. I was jogging along, chatting away to people, and sounding as if this is almost a walk in the park! Well, I knew that we will be picking up the pace after about a mile, so I just eased my self through the pack until I was there, next to our Illustrious leader.

We were running through my manor again. So I really do need to look cool, and look as if I belong here, just in case anyone sees me that I know. Because its my manor I know the little inclines and the down hill sections. For instance, I know that Crescent Drive, coming from this side of it, has a slight incline, going up! There I was, though, jogging up it! In fact, I jogged all the way to the Harvesters!

We were going to take another little short break here. Our Illustrious Leader, who, by the way also ran the Chis Chase a couple of  days ago, explained that for those that wanted to do the little loop around the corner can do, while those who didn't can just take a short stopping break, and wait just a couple of minutes. Well, you all know me, if there is a stopping break, a legitimate stopping break, then I normally take it, if there is an extra loop to do, to keep the legs moving, heart rate pumping along, then I avoid it. Today, I didn't do the normal thing. I chose to do the loop, the extra bit, the bit that I usually wave to all the others as they keep their legs moving!

I can only think its the coffee that I had about half hour before I started running (the photo shoot was wrapped up a lot quicker than expected) so we had about an hour to spare. So we all popped off to find a coffee shop and ended up at the pub instead! I was so tempted to ask for a lager but opted for the 'true runners' style or asking for a flat white instead.

The run back from The Harvester was the long, long road up to Pettswood. Up the hill. I will tell you this, I did walk a bit, up the hill, but then I just ran, and ran, and ran! No more stopping, just kept plodding away with the pace that we were at! Jogging along, chatting. I was at the back by now, the faster group had gone, and the more sedate group was sedately pulling away in front of me, but I was still jogging along!

Into crossways now, "Ok ladies, I shall see you up there" I said to my two fellow PWR's who were running along with me, and I took off for my sprint! I felt good, my legs felt good, the also felt like there were going along really fast! Today it really did seem as if I was having an out of body experience as this 'runner' person took over and ran along to the sign by the rec.

A very good run today, a happy run, no problems, well, apart from one lady did trip up and fell onto her knees, but she was ok and could carry on running. I love my running!

Geeky stats.


2 comments:

  1. That's amazing about Women's Running! What issue are you going to be in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it will be the December edition! Out on sale end of October. I think that is what she said

    ReplyDelete