Tuesday 11 September 2012

Get Out While I Still Can!

Hello blog

As I am no longer needed in the courts this week, and no-one else needs me, I thought I may as well get a few extra runs in during the day. And today it's not really an extra run but my only run! No club run for me later on, as today, 18 years ago, my last baby was born! Big son, as he is know in Blog Land. So we are going to celebrate by all eating at least a two whole pigs between us! Rack of ribs! you just cant beat it!

So after doing all my chores, I put on running gear and out I went. I was only planning on doing as much as what we normally do on Tuesdays anyway, so I chose an old favourite route, up to Turpington, around and down green way, and back again!

Well all I could say is, thank goodness I am not being watched by the club members!! They would take one look at me and think that I have never ran before! I was looking pathetic! Just a few days of inactivity and I am all out of whack!

My breathing, my gait, my stamina, all hidden under a ton of meat and bear! But I persevered, tried to get in the groove listening to some tunes on my IPhone, and just thinking about all sorts as I ran the route.

I was pleased I was running when I saw people that I knew! Middle daughter for one! She tooted and shouted out "Looking good ma!" At least that is what I hear, or maybe just wanted to hear! Even as I was running along Southborough I kept thinking that really if I didn't fancy doing the whole run I could cut it short by turning off into one of the roads!  Can you believe that! All this time that I have been running, and yet I still let Couchie and her nasty thoughts creep in and try to tempt me to cut short my planned runs. And this was a short one anyway!

I pushed such thoughts from my mind, and just tried to keep in the groove, sweat out all the poisons of the weekend, use up all the energy that I had stored from eating the entire stock of Old Macdonalds farm! (with yet more to eat later).

I managed to keep on track, ran on past all the roads that would make it a short run, and turned down Turp! "Well that's that bit done" I said to my self. "Now just do that back again and then you can pat your own back" I said sternly to myself. I have been taking notes from everyone of how to be nagging!

The sun seemed to be shining even hotter as I was running down Greenway, I had forgotten my hat, the sweat was dripping into my eyes, making them sting and leak yet more moisture down my face! It's a good job I don't do what Nagging Sister does, and put makeup on to go running!

The hill that used to look huge to me as I turned left onto Magpiehall lane, soon came into view. It's a very do-able hill for me these days! I took a deep breath and started to run up it. Needless to say, I did stop on this slight incline. Such a lazy mare, I really had to tell me self off!

Going back down Southborough I was quite pleased that I hadn't used any of the short cuts to make this even shorter, and I was glad I was out here running! Now it's back for more housework, clean up and getting ready to kill the fatted pig.....again..... although I am not actually going to do that, hopefully ribs should all be nicely marinated, cooked and stuck on a plate later!

geeky stats for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment