Tuesday 4 September 2012

An Energized Club Run

Hello Blog lovers.

After an extremely long boring, inactive day, of which I will divulge more details in a couple of weeks, I was not really in the right frame of mind for club run today. Couch Potato head was really loving sitting around, eating and drinking coffee! But my wanna be athlete was screaming inside for some activity!

After shaking of the tiredness Nagging sister came to pick me up and sitting in the back was WooWoo, her daughter. NS had persuaded Woo that running was fun and to come and see if she enjoyes it.  We drove around to pick up Hitchy, she is still hanging on to her Mojo, enjoying running with the club, and she is still quite happy running in group 2.

When we got to the club the Jogging Hippo was still dishing out stuff to test, this time is was a cup of pre race energy drink, and we also had to wait for the post race drink after as well! Lets hope that this energy drink will help me get rid of the todays lethargy.

Our Illustrious leader lead us out of the opposite gate, and, in a gentle whisper told us that we would be running UP Birchwood! Well, I have had the energy, I should fly up there. Funnily enough, I did get up there in one go, and I did feel as if it wasn't as hard as usual, but then again, it is just the beginning of tonights run.  Woowoo seemed to be keeping up quite well too, coping with the small incline quite well.

Our route on this rather warm and muggy evening was taking us through to Chislehurst, doing, as our Illustrious Leader says, twiddly bits at the top and then running back down towards Willet Way and then back to the rec. Woowoo was still doing really well, I was not quite at the back but still beginning to feel tired again, and the sweat was dripping into my eyes, I had forgotten to put my cap on! 

The streets are quite dark now, and watching where I am running is making me forget to keep my head up. I know I should only be looking down using my eyes not my whole head and my shoulders! I kept reminding myself, "Head up Old Girl"  NS and Woo were ahead of me, chatting away. Well, it seems as if Woowoo is going to make it all the way round, well she is young. In fact she is a little too young, and needs to be just another year older before she can officially join the club.  But as she was here, our Illustrious Leader said it was fine for her to come along as she was here with her mum.

We did the little loop back to the new bridge, and headed off towards the roundabout, then it was running past that and on to the next road.  This is where Woo got a bit tired, of course I was tired as well. I had volunteered to be sweeper along with another young lady, Jo. She kept me company as we made sure there were no runners left behind. It was about then the Old Boy rang me. there I was taking a phone call, half way through my run. What an athlete I am!

We got to Grosvenor road, and Woo was getting very 'Teenagery' "I can't do it, go get the car mum, I shall wait here" were the words that came forth from her lips. Well to me she said them so well, not even out of breath, even when she said that was going to throw up. She sounded too good! So I took her in hand. "Run to the lamppost, then walk to then next" were the words that I gave her.

As so she did. She managed to run all the way down Willet way using this method. Even after I gave her 2 lampposts to run between, she managed it.  Then NS took over, well it is what she does best, eve though I really enjoyed being Auntie Nag! I crossed over the road and then sprinted up Crossways, passing Illustrious leader, who swapped roles and became sweeper, and the newbie chap and another runner before I got to the rec! Well I was pleased with that! NS and Woo turned up not that long after, a good first run from Woo.

Then it was time to tasted some more flavoured, energised water! Quite tasty, lets see if this helps me to get stronger and fast!! Yeah, right!!!

A good run today, and so nice to be chatting with Hitch, Nagging Sister and Woowoo.

Geeky stats.http://connect.garmin.com/activity/218952343



No comments:

Post a Comment