Tuesday 29 May 2012

Club Run!

Hello blog lovers.

It seems at the moment, I am only getting one run in a week! And that is with the club. But what a run today! 90% at least through the woods!  Just love the summer!

Nagging Sister didn't turn up today, she was at the XFactor, O2 Areana!  I just hope she is not audisioning herself! She is worse singer than me!  Mr. S was there today, but I hardly recognised him with 'clothes' on. He is tapering, and he came to the club in his 'civvies' He will be running for quite a distance. You can check his run out on his blog page, 'The Magic Forest'  He loves running the ultra stuff.

Anyway, I am digressing again, why I do that I don't know. We were heading into the woods via 'poo ally' and the straight up to the top of the woods! Now so far, I have not managed to run this length of the woods yet, up hill, without a short breather! No matter where I start from. Whether it be a mile away, half a mile, or even from 'poo ally' itself! But today I ran the whole way up, and I was so relieved that our illustrious leader was taking our first break there! "Oh thank you, thank you!" I said, and then the next breath, telling anyone who was listening to me, that I finally made it to the top without stopping!

From here we were going across the top. But our illustious leader was taking the first path on the left. This path is quite tricky running down it. Its full of tree routes. I remember trying to ride down here with Nagging Sister back in 2008! Before I knew about the top path was there. We all managed to get down there with no-one going ass over tit!

There was another hill to contend with, but I failed to keep on running up there!  Our illustrious leader did mention before we entered the woods that depending on how we all looked, she will take us up Birchwood and back down again. on the other side. I wasn't quite sure, as was one of two others, of what she meant. But when I saw her pointing to a path in the woods then I knew where she was heading! Along side the railtracks until we pop out of the woods near the new bridge.

Then its back dow Birchwood Road! "As fast or as slow as you like" says our illustrious leader.

I still had a little bit for a sprint. I started a little ealier than I last time we came down Birchwood, I was just hoping there were no cars coming up the road as I was feeling like I could push it a little bit more.

Run done. Garmin stopped. And I felt, ok! Even on this silly diet, which by the way, I failed to stick with it last week, which is why I am attempting it again. So far so good!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment