Tuesday 12 June 2012

Club Run - Lethargy, Get Out Of Here!

Hello Blog lovers.

After a drought of exercise, during this 'drought with hose pipe ban' period we are having, I finally got out for a run.

The weather has been appalling! It seems to have been raining now for weeks and week, non stop, without a break. I think I will have to count the days its been raining and then go and read the bible to clarify things! But I feel sure that it won't be raining for that long again!

Nagging Sister wasn't feeling too well today, she stayed at home. "This weather don't help put you in a good frame of mind" she said. And I do know exactly what she means! Continuous rain! It's enough to get a duck down! But this evening it seems to have stopped! It feels bloomin cold though, so a long sleeve running top is in order, and just in case I shall be taking my rain jacket as well!

We have handed keys back to the Pavilion, our club has grown and grown in the the last few years, and it was becoming quite a squeeze for all of us in the little nursery room! We have enjoyed the nice and warm space during the winter months, and have appreciated the room to have our bags locked up. So now, we still meet at the pavilion, only these days, there are more runners turning on on foot, rather that by car and bikes! and also I think, backpacks will mark us out as 'The Running Club to be in' as we will all look so fit!

Our illustrious leader was taking us through Jubilee Park. It's better than running along the roads, but it is only a very short part of our 3 and 3/4 mile route this evening, and then it's back on the pavements.  I am so looking forward to going through the woods again! But this rain is just making it so difficult, it will be so muddy going though there!

We had a couple of stops on our route today. The first one was just as we got out of the park. There we discussed the Orpington 10k, but I am not sure if I will make it. My other sister is having her 50th birthday party the evening before! Probably not a good idea to run if I have been celebrating too much!

It was back on the pavements. We all kept up quite well with the main group. I was at the back, where I usually am, and only had about 3 or four short 'unofficial' walking stops! So maybe absence makes the legs get stronger!  We ran up Southborough Lane, and then turned right into Oxhawth! So close to home! If I hadn't had my car, I could have just ran on home! Well, actually I was having quite a good run. So even if I didn't I would have still carried on!

When we got to the round about at Tudor way, our illustrious leader gave the instructions run as fast or as slow as you want back to the rec. She took over the sweeping duties and I just picked up the pace just a tad more before I got Crossways and then I started my sprint. I was smiling as I was running towards to the sign, well at least I was smiling inside. I was feeling very good. Lethargy hopefully on the way out, lets keep on praying that the sun will finally shine on through these rain clouds.

As we got into the rec I looked at my Garmin, 4.11 miles! Well, I am pleased with that!

Geeky stats for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment