Tuesday 8 May 2012

Club Run!

Hello blog lovers.

It's Tuesday evening, it's still light outside and the rain has stopped!  Perfect for running. I just wished my head was. I was feeling a little lazy today, and it wouldn't have taken much persuasion from anybody for me to stay indoors! But that is not the attitude I want to have anymore. I must be determined, and always up for a run, no matter what! (So I keep on telling myself!)

By the time Nagging Sister had picked me up and we were heading for the club house, I had my running head on, and my determination to do really quite well, and try and try not do stop, unofficially that is, before we stopped for the regroup. After the usual group calls and the necessary notices, (i.e. Mob Match on Saturday, be there!, but said in a very nice way!) we were ready for the off.

Nagging Sister was joining me in group 1 today, after running an 8 miler yesterday, she was just wanting a stretch of the legs today. We were going to be doing a route which I quite like, it has a very gentle up hill as we go through twiddly bits of road, and the return leg is a down hill straight road, of course my fav kind of running.

I was feeling ok today, my knees were complaining a bit, and I also tried to concentrate on my gait, the way I run. Trying not to run with my heels landing first. It's quite hard to do, I kept on forgetting. But I did feel as if I could go faster, in fact that I should go faster, but I kept the same pace, concentrating on the way my feet land.

I did flag a bit before the official stops, and I was behind the group giving the sweepers reason for being there. I felt sure I ran more than I usually did though, could it be the way I was running, or could it be that I was just feeling I need to get home now, so lets get this done quick!

I still had a bit for my, now, legendary sprint finish and I even pushed it through the whole,  'You're gonna throw up if you don't stop NOW' just to see if do actually throw up. I would have hovered over a drain, to be polite, if I actually did chuck up chunks!, its only right really.

Anyway my geeky stats for you perusal.


No comments:

Post a Comment