Wednesday 16 May 2012

Club Run - AGM And Celebrations!

Hello blog lovers.

As it was the AGM we were all meeting up earlier for our group runs. But about 6:30 in the evening the rains came again! Will it ever stop raining!! The mere mention of a drought and hose pipe ban then the heavens opened! And It just hasn't stopped!  It's a wonder we have so many running clubs really, in this country. Our weather can be so very demoralising.  I even rang Nagging Sister to try and get her to talk us out of it, but she more or less said, "Get you fat ass out there and run woman!"

Sigh!! So here I am blogging again, so you know her quick rant on the phone worked!  I really wasn't in the mood, but when she arrived to pick me up, the rain had stopped! Maybe it will be a good day after all.

Our Illustrious leader was busy preparing the hall for the AGM so she left her husband in charge of group 1. We set off, out the other gate for a change, with a destination of Crofton Heath! That's up hill, but it is all down hill on the way back, just when I need it!  It started raining, again, and the thought popped into my mind, again, "Why am I doing this", it has to look totally ludicrous to those who have never jogged or ran before! A group of people, all sizes, all ages, all abilities leaving Willet Way Rec, running, for fun!

I'm here now, and I will just get on with it. I checked out my Garmin and saw that our leader today was running slighter faster than our Illustrious leader would go, but I thought maybe this will be a good thing, the sooner we finish, the soon we get to the AGM and the soon to ....... celebrate and welcome new committee members!

He took us a slightly different way than his wife normally takes, he took us through the park. Now to get to the path that takes us to the road to run back on, we have to go through just the edge of the woods! You remember I told you it was raining, In fact it has been raining since 1948!, and it is still raining now! You can imagine the muddy path and puddles that we were splashing through then.  I was desperately trying not to fall over, I didn't fancy a mudpack around my back side, not this evening, not when we have things to do after! Mind you, are mud baths supposed to be good for you!

"I saw some nice white trainers" Said our leader "And now we all look the same, lets carry on, and I promise there are no more muddy paths" Ah, that was his game! He still has the mob match on his mind, where, indeed, we did look pretty awesome all looking the same!

At the top of the path, for those wanted to, can do the little loop around, and for those who wanted to, can stand and stretch out, or do some other sort of training thingy, (I must find out what is the best thing to do if we do not do the little loopy bit!) but I guess standing around and just bouncing on the spot is probably not the thing.  When we saw the others coming back, (yes I stayed behind) then we just carried on, they didn't stop, it was just heading back now, all that lovely down hill section.

Do you remember I told you that our leader said there would be no more muddy paths, well he had forgotten the tiny little bit that we had to take, just to add extra muddiness on our shoes, before we started pounding the pavements again.

I stayed up with the leaders for some of the way, but I soon flagged again. I no I am getting fitter and faster, I just want to know when it starts to get easier! Some days there are runs that you just fly by, you get into the zone and the miles just pass by, and there are other days where doing .5 of a mile and you are looking to see how far to the end!

I was so pleased to see the last stretch of road. My sprinting bit. I am not even going to ask my self, "do you have it in you to sprint Old Girl" because this has become my thing! My thing that I do, whether its a 5k or a 10k or, well who knows how far I can run yet, but I will push myself to sprint, always the last few metres!

My geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment