Monday 9 April 2012

Wet Wet Wet!

Its a typical bank holiday Monday. Wet, chilly and windy. I have had a pretty lazy Easter Weekend. On Friday, I was totally lazy, ok so Saturday I went for that 18 mile windy bike ride. And on Sunday I was with my family having a fantastic time, with food and beer, and more beer, and just a blooming great time with my family!

So today, I was feeling very lethargic, in fact almost comatose! I really didn't fancy going out. The Old Boy said to me "You don't have to go, I'm only going for a short one anyway" But when he says that my tiny little  brain cell hears it as a challenge.

Upstairs, sort out my running gear, and also sort out my old running shoes! I don't want my Asics out in the mud! We chose our route, just a short one, just to keep us moving, keep our enthusiasm going, and get the motivation back on track. Straight up the middle of the woods from 'Dog Poo' ally, along the top and then down Botony Bay to finish the loop back at 'Dog poo' ally!

Well, that was my plan. When we got to the top of the woods and running along Coopers School, the Old Boy said, "lets run through Pond wood, it been a while since I was in the part of the woods" I was going to avoid Goss Hill, and the path that runs along side the river, where we will need to run. Oh well, we are soaked anyway, we are out, and we are muddy! Whats another half mile going to do!

Well, I'm glad we did. As we got near the pond in this part of the woods a heron took off from the pond. We obviously disturbed its feeding, and it sat up the top of a tree watching us as we looked into the pond. After a good look at the pond we started off again, popping out on Goss Hill.

As we wasn't going through Jubilee park today, we were going to turn left and run along the river. Just as I thought! Its muddy, with puddles. It was a challenge, but strangely fun! We seemed to cover this ground fairly quickly, or is it because I know that we are nearly to the end of today's run!

I am pleased to say that no one slipped or fell and no twisted ankles, well, only slightly from me!

Enjoyable though, and I have very pleased I went out, even the lethargy has left me!

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment