Thursday 19 April 2012

Get Me Out Of It, Please?

Hello blog lovers.

Well today I did promise Nagging Sister that I would go running with her, up Summer Hill and back again.  But after coming back from do some errands I was about to text her and let her know that I wasn't really up to it. My neck and shoulder seem to be aching, and I have bad memories running with a pain similar to that before. The doctor called it an impact injury, and told me to keep up with the paracetamol and ibuprofen. And then there is that stupid weather!! All, dark and threatening.

But NS told me that the sun was shining where she was and that we should miss it.  Anyway the short of it I went, obviously, because I'm writing a blog! But because of the time issued and the impending weather we decided to do a short jog, but still take in Summer Hill.

So after I drove to her house, I parked my car, in her drive, my blue car, that I have had for ages, and then had to move it up a bit so that she could get her car out, because we were driving to the top of her road, (I am telling you this for a little bit more bimbo-ism from NS a bit later in the blog) we drove to the top. We had about a quarter mile warm up jog before we got to the first part of Summer Hill, its the shorter hill down.

It always feels good to be running down and even though I wasn't in any great mood for today's little short run, (you could tell by the look on my face when I arrived at NS's house apparently) I do enjoy down hill running.  But that was all soon done and the longer part of Summer Hill climbed and climbed in front of me!!

Of course I walked some, I am old, and.....well just look at all previous excuses and reasons already used so far, there was no way I can run up hills! But I tried, even if I wasn't going at a snails pace, I was still bobbing up and down in a running like manner!

A quick short rest at the top and we noticed that we had already ran just over the mile. So today's little jog is going to be a two mile hill workout! The nice longer run down, so good!  I was moving NS to the left as we crossed over the road because down here there is a huge kerb stone, but NS wasn't budging.  I had to tell in the end to look as there is a huge step and it would be better if we went up the little hill bit "Oh I didn't notice that" she said. I should have let her run in front to see what would have happened.

Up the shorter bit, and I really tried to b positive and said to NS "It's the shorter hill, its a piece of cake, in fact we could skip up it, right" and with that we both tried to skip up the hill. We did for about 10 seconds!

I was so pleased to get to the top, it was hard work, ok it may have been only a short distance, but its up hill! Just the little bit of flat (well compared to Summer Hill) road to do now, back to the car. The sky was really dark now, and I really thought we would get a soaking before we got to the car! We did it. We attacked Summer hill, we ran just over two miles in the threatening weather.  Just as we got in the car the heavens opened!!

It came down in bucket loads!  Very difficult to see through the windows! my glasses was all steamed up, the car windows were steaming up! Yup! I am glad we didn't do a 4 mile run today, not that I would have had time to!  We drove home, just as we got to NS's house the rain eased off so, again we avoided a soaking to get in her house. But before we got out of her car she said to me (now remember I told you all about my car in great details) she says to me "Who's car is that?" I just looked at her, I didn't know whether she was joking or being serious, but when I told her it was mine, I realised she really meant it!! Bimbo is alive and well and living in her own little world.

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment