Sunday 26 June 2011

Summer Is Back!

Hi Bloggees,

My third blog in 2 days! Can you believe that. I am just mad keen on this whole exercise thing, even though I moan like anything whilst doing it, either running (jogging really) or cycling up hills!

We started our jog at around 10 to 6, at it was still warm, warm, warm out there still. It doesn't seem to have cooled down at all! Just running up Farringdon Avenue and I was totally sweating and looking as if I had already done 5k. And I was feeling tired, legs feeling like lead already!

Of course Naggy wasn't at all impressed with that. Oh didn't I say, I am jogging with Naggy Neighbour today. It seems a while since we last jogged together. But we both have water with us, and she kindly lent me some running shorts as well, I think she feels for me running in my long 'skins'. I was dubious if I could actually get my fat a... in them! not even mention my knees! But somehow I squeezed into them and I can even move as well.

So we looked quite the keen joggers out there today, but if anyone knew I looked liked this after only 400 yards then I'm sure they would change their mind. I was thinking that maybe we were only going to do about 3 miles today, as its so warm, and maybe our drinks wouldn't last longer than that!

Our route took us up hill and then into the park. I was totally struggling from there. Naggy just kept the pace and she wasn't stopping for nothing. She knows that I will have to keep jogging to keep up with her, but today it was just so, so hard. I blame the heat, and that I had jogged 5k yesterday and cycled 16 miles..........and 4 pints of larger, huge lunch, dinner with pudding!

So that was todays struggle. It felt like the first time of me doing T.A.L. I struggled to stay jogging! I was pleased that for most of the times that Naggy turned around to see if I was jogging I actually was! but there were times when I was walking and thinking "Please don't turn around now" and other times when I thought "I don't care if your turn around now, cos there is no way I am jogging! No way"

She did catch me walking and just nagged in her usual way, which got me jogging again. I do appreciate all that she does, and I am well aware that she could quite easily just take off and I wouldn't see her through the dust that she would create! But she is here, nagging me and keeping me on my toes and putting up with my moaning, hows that for a good friend!

Running or walking down Southborough Lane Naggy said, "I shall give you to the end of the pub and then you are running non stop, or I shall add on another mile" I knew I was in no fit state to do another mile, even naggy knew that, but just the threat made me think twice about doing it.

By now not only did I have naggy's borrowed shorts, but she loaned me her hat as well. She saw that a couple of times I had stopped and mopped up the sweat with my tee shirt, "Here, this will help you to see" she says "No stopping now"

So from the Chequers pub I jogged, albeit, very slowly indeed to all the way home, I think I did walk once, and I didn't get caught by Naggy, so no extra mile

Here, I took a picture of me after todays session, and its not a pretty sight



Not pretty at all!

so geeky stats for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment