Saturday 25 June 2011

Park Run!

Hello blog lovers!

As I have not been running since Tuesday, I decided to run the park run this morning. The alarm went off, and I turned it off, and it went again and I turned it off. The taste of last nights wee dram reminding me that maybe I should have just stuck to the one!

But I wanted to go, my feet were itching, its not raining, and I'm awake! So nothing stopping me.

I crawled out of bed and started to get ready. Who decided to do Park run at 9 in the morning? But at least I will have the rest of the day to do some other enjoyable activities.

I was running a tad late, I was going to take my bike there, but an engine would be quicker. I parked the car and I had noticed that I had about 5 minutes to get on to the other side of the park. No problems, so I did a little warm up of walking and jogging. Nothing to strenuous, but getting the muscles warmed up.

I got there and ready and I noticed that the time was 08:59! Hows that for timing! I noticed a few PWR members here as well. We all we waiting for the off! Then the count down. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 go!

I had learned not to try and run with the crown, but its still difficult not to, I have it in the back of my mind that I dont want to be the last person running through the tunnel, so I didn't look at my Garmin until a after I started puffing hard. I was doing something like 9 min pace! I had to slow down a bit because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep that up. So then I just plodded along at my own pace.

I was heading down the long straight when another PWR said hi to me. She is in my group, and she was doing really well! I tried to keep pace with her, but she is improving all the time,.....well she's younger! Thats my excuse! So I kept on at my own pace.

I was having a good time, overtaking, being over took, enjoying the just being out running. And to think, this is all free! Just marvelous! How anybody can not want to do this. I know most people have a pair of trainers and some shorts, its just great getting out here and improving your fitness levels!

I saw a couple of girls in front of me, they we walking and chatting. I said to myself "They have achieved their fitness level, or, they just can't make it round! But more than likely they just enjoy being out doing a little bit of running and a lot of talking!

The second lap of the park was uneventful, everyone was getting on doing their own thing, whether its running, jogging or chatting like the two girls!, but I just did my best. I was feeling on top form, but then again I am never on top form for early morning jogs, and believe me, 9 o'clock on a Saturday is early for me!

The best bit of the jog today was that run down to the tunnel! How I love that I even have a bit left over for a sprint finish! (Obviously not doing enough in the jog its self!)

I checked my Garmin and it said 36.09 I am sure that it the same as last time. maybe a couple of seconds quicker!, but certainly not longer than before, so I am pleased with that. I just had to wait for the official results in the email which came a bit later on in day.

Guess what folks? I checked my emails, and I did beat my previous time.............by 57 seconds!! and I thought it was just by a couple of seconds! So yes I am well pleased with that.

No please turnover to read cycling blog.......thats right, I went cycling today as well!

Geeky stats

1 comment:

  1. Well done, I really must get to one of these Park Runs to see how I do but today I was on the M1 halfway to Nottingham at the start of your run doing family stuff.

    ReplyDelete