Wednesday 7 October 2020

Club Running

 Hello blog readers.



Well, it has been quite a while!  Every time I run I keep saying "I need to write about this"  But anyway, I have been running.  Some solo's and some not.  

The beginners course has started up again, albeit in a different format!  There are now 3 leaders leading at the same time!  Confusing? No not really, we all have a group of runners and we have split the park, each of us has a bit of the park where we take our group of beginners.  Mind you, last Saturday it was absolutely dreadful weather and we had to cancel!  That's a first in a long while! We have around 25 ish people that have joined in the course this time, so not too bad.  I shall let you know how it all goes.

There has been some solo running, some good, some ok is, but as I said to myself (yes, I still talk to myself) "No run is a bad run, it's just good to get out!"  

So thats kind of what I have been doing in the shortest, briefest discriptions that I could have ever done.....ever! 

Which brings us to yesterdays running.  It was a club run.  We have this system where we have extra leaders on most groups to accomodate as many runners as we can.  We have a booking system so that you can book on with your leader, there is a choice of two times, 19:00 or 19:15,  so that we have a staggered start and finish.  It works as well as we can, it means that we can have at least 12 members from each group going out running in two groups per group!  Makes perfect sense, eh?

We didn't need two leaders for my group 1 last night as there was only 3 of us!  Robbie and Angela were running with me and thankfully(?0 both of them said they were totally unfit.  Although Angela was probably the fittest of us all!  This Covid shit really has affected people, whether physically, actually getting it, or just with the whole lockdown, isolating, shielding and just down right feeling scared to go out!  Of course when people do get back out to it, it's when you notice that fitness levels have dropped a bit.  But they best way to deal with that is to just embrace it! So you can't run as fast, so you can't run at all, so you're breathing is all over the place, so (in my case) my rolls of fat look like the mitchelin man!  Let's just embrace it!  Get back to it when we can, do as much as we can and don't beat ourselves up if we can't do it or we are slower!  It don't matter. I am speaking to myself just as much as everyone else too!  The fact that we are still willing and able to do it is a huge blessing, especially the willing bit!  Oh my goodness, the willing bit is the most important bit, in my opinion!  If there is a willing there will be a way!  If you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then exercise at home!  If there is a will then there will be a way!

Oh blimey, don't I go on!  That was just a pre-amble to say that our run yesterday wasn't the fastest that we have every been but my word it feels good(???) Can you actually say that it feels good to have your lungs leave your body and walk home, your legs saying 'stuff you I'm just staying here, all stiff and not moving" then yes you can say it feels good!  Just because we did it!

So, short and brief blog!  Is this the new me!  Who knows!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/5641377980' title='Club run (Leading)' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment