Monday 19 October 2020

Beginners to Homework

 Hello readers

Saturday was a good day!  It wasn't raining!  We had our beginners class, we have lost some of them, sometimes life just gets in the way! It's a huge commitment and one that you really have to try and build into you daily or weekly schedules.  For instance, Tuesday evenings are known as Run Club nights, Saturdays are or were parkrun days, or as they are for most runners notaparkrun day!  At them moment my Saturdays are Beginners days!  

I really so enjoy doing the beginners course.  It inspires me all the time, it helps me to just keep on putting one foot in front of the other.  Watching all the smiling faces.....ok its usually at the end of the running, but still its brilliant.  And it does me a whole world of good too!

So that brings us today.  I really needed to get out at run, but at the moment I am in the 'if no one needs me then I'll sit and watch tv.' kind of mood.  Thankfully Pat and Paul had asked me to come with them at do their homework with them.  I jumped at the chance!  Just to get out, breath in some fresh air and think about nothing but running was just what I needed.  My watch is already set up for the 6 minutes of running and 2 minutes walking, but before we did that, we walked briskly for a few minutes did some drills....blimey that bit puffed me out!  And then we started our running.  Oh my goodness, that felt good.  Just to run in Gods own beautiful creation, the cool afternoon air, the tress still green with leaves, no cars about, just fresh air!  Yup, I needed that!

We did the homework, Pat and Paul did really well indeed.  I did a couple of walking bits when I should have been running!  But it was really what I needed!  I felt so much better afterwards

So here is mine or I should say, our geeky stats.

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/5700484726' title='Bromley Running' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>


No comments:

Post a Comment