Tuesday 30 June 2020

Games, Workouts and Running!

Hello blog readers.

I've not been idle, I've been up to all sorts! It's been over a week since the last blog.  So, what have I been doing!  Well, I've been prancing in front of the telly, doing my Team Body Project workouts with Janice.  I had last wednesday off, family friends funeral, but since then hard work!  You would think that I would show, somewhere in my body! Somewhere, there is a very hard worked, lean, strong muscle that is hidden by blubber and what ever!  Because I really do work hard, but then, of course, the eating.....the eating does get a bit in the way of progress!  All I keep thinking is that 'If I didn't exercise, prance in front of the telly then I could be a blob by now, trying to rock myself of my chair each night......or to go to the loo, which is about as much exercise I would do!

So Monday, TBP, with Jan, Tuesday, TPB with Jan, Thursday TPB with Jan,  those three days we were doing a TBP programme that I found on YouTube, it's called Two Week Transformation, Day 1 called Sweat Slinger, Day 2 was called Warrior.  Wednesday of course I didn't exercise at all, not even in the evening with the neighbours, Thursday it was TWT day 3.  I also did my clubs Speed and core work on at the rec.  With a bubble of 6 of us on one park of the rec, three other bubbles taking up other parts of the rec and yet more bubbles of 6 at a difference location all together!  You can tell that we have all missed our club meets, because we have to book these sessions and they fill up pretty darn quick!  I was leading again, so of course I brought along the things I've been learning on YouTube, a nice 15 minute session of core and leg work done to music! I think my group quite liked the disco effect! Then was Friday, I looked for TWT day 4, but I couldn't find it on YouTube, so I checked the website that I am free member on and it was there!  Unfortunately to do that one I needed to upgrade my membership!  Well, that is not going to happen, maybe at some point, but not just yet.  So I looked at what sort of thing it looked to be, and by the description it was mainly cardio. I looked for a TBP class that was all cardio, of course that is all Alex style!  She loves the cardio.  I found the free one called Blaze!  Oh my goodness!  It was tough!  But we smashed it! We did it, I moaned all the way through!

On the Saturday it was back to working out with the neighbours in front of my house!  We used the weights!  It also started raining! Grrr.  At that lovely summer weather seems to have finished now that we have started summer!  I managed to get through most of the exercises that I had planned, cutting some down to 30 seconds instead of 40 seconds.  The rain remained at just a drizzle until we had finished!  Brilliant.

I also went for a run, by myself, all alone, solo run!  I haven't ran for ages!  I been kidding myself that as long as I am exercising my fitness level will stat!  Wrong!  I just the nice route that Naggy does with the dog, up the path that goes to turn around lamppost, but turn left half way along, through the park turn right up to the bus depo and then run along the A21 heading towards Bromley.  Left at the roundabout and then head on home via Greenway, Magpie Hall lane and through the park.  Oh My fecking goodness!  I felt like I was going to die!  I had to do a 'Jeffing' all the way around!  But I did it!  It really is totally different sort of fitness, the running, the workouts, swimming, cycling!    I tell you what I admire those that do triathlons!  Oh my goodness, to be able to do all three with a smile on your face is amazing!

So on that Saturday I have decided that I really do need to pick up my running again.  I had a rest day on Sunday, well...I say rest, as I had a completely empty house I did the whole house top to bottom, clearned, polished, hoovered, washed, you name it I did it.  Most of the day it took me!  I was totally sweating, it felt like I was doing a whole day long workout!

Which brings us to this week.  Yesterday it was back to TBP with resistance and cardio, a good workout with the weights!  Today, well I thought I would do something different and looked through YouTube and came up with 'PopSugar'.  What the feck did I do that!
When you see tiny skinny fit looking girls, full make up, that cutesy tutesy little giggle they do, you know it's gonna be hard!  So, I forewarned Jan what we were going to be doing, didn't even look through the video myself, I just needed it to be another surprise bag of fun!  Fun!  Now there's a word you just wouldn't put with hard work, sweat inducing exercises, is it!  It was tough, and then to watch the instructor do burpees, well!  There is no way in this world will I ever be able to do that!  Way to acrobatic!  I must have looked like I was dying because Dexter, my daughters dog, came over while I was lying on the floor ready to do some exercises and attempted to give me the kiss of life!  Not a pleasant thing really! Bless him! He seemed to have me at a disadvantage as I had my hands full with the weights!

So up to date, we're there!  Still fat and frumpy, but underneath it all are muscles that are turning into steel!  Oh, yes, just one other thing!  Instead of sitting on my arse, sweating, waiting for my heart to get back from panic mode, I changed my shoes and went out for a run!  I didn't push it, I just wanted to get out and run, a very short route along the main road and back through the park, about 1.75 miles!  Again, I did 'Jeffing'  1 minute running, 1 minute walking!


So, until next time bloggers! Stay safe.




2 comments:

  1. I found this blog informative or very useful for me. I suggest everyone, once you should go through this.

    running exercises

    ReplyDelete