Monday 22 June 2020

A Whole Week of Exercising

Hello blog readers.

So I left my blogging for a while! Well, you don't want me sprouting off everytime I lift a blimmin weight up do you.  It was pretty tough getting back to it again....you know....after the accident!  Two weeks off and I was feeling fecking sluggish, lazy, a little thicker around the middle....and top....and bottom, in fact, everywhere!  I was so looking forward to getting back to doing some sort of exercises, if a little apprehensive. 

Getting back to exercising was a bit like washing my hair for the first time in a week, when the stitch came out.  I was expecting stinging and pain and just general yuckyness, but, thankfully when I did wash my hair it didn't sting at all.  It was like that when I did the first Team Body Project two weeks post accident.  It wasn't that bad!  Ok, it hurt, but it hurt anyway.  My shoulder complained, but I just didn't use the weights.  Through out that first week all I did was the beginners TBP video, I put in as much as I could. On one day I had my own 'backing crew' but they didn't to much, they just layed on the sofa and chair and snoozed, it was my daughters two dogs, Dexter and Chico!

Then on the Thursday it was my running clubs second Fitness In Th Park!  I had missed the previous one, obviously, but I was leading last Thursday!  My running club had come up with measures that we could keep in 6 people bubbles, as recommended by the government, keeping out two meter distances and all do some fitness and running exercises in the park!  You can't imagine how I felt being back meeting up with some of my buddies in the park.  It was good to see everyone.  What wasn't good was the fact the park was almost full to busting!  There was a kids football thing going on, and no doubt that was the parents that were standing around on the grass watching.  There were loads of dog walkers and people just enjoying the park!  I was thinking that maybe we were going to have to abandon at least one of our groups, maybe just go for a 3 mile run through the woods instead!

As it was our club was spread over two parks, there were four groups in Willet rec with a further 4 in Eynsford park, which is actually a bigger park! Thankfully though, the football crew had just finished their time in the park and it soon emptied enough for the four groups to have a piece of the park to do some running and some exercises in.

I began with a warm up jog and some skipping to warm up the legs, and then we had a pyramid style running.  the only bit of running I could think of that has not contact at all.  Then it came to the core training, this is where all those weeks or doing core training in my home came in handy!  I apologised in advance to the 5 ladies that were in my group to what I was about to put them through!  I have been learning a lot!  It's been hard work during all those weeks locked down.  It's a blimmin pity my body don't look like I've been working out, but then, as I keep telling myself, eating chocs and crips and delicious shit like that is not going to help slim me down!

I think I got a few daggers from the ladies as I put them through their paces!  After that we had a relay running section. It was shorter than our usual circuit that we had done in previous years but sharing the green with three other groups you just have to make do.  It was brilliant though, it felt good to be back doing stuff with my running club.

I also have been working out with the neighbours, last Wednesday and Saturday.  Fiona from the close is really keen and just loves coming along.  So all the while I am furloughed I will keep it going!

Today I decided to just go a little harder with the workout!  I did the TBP with Daniel and his wife Alex, fecking nora!  She is one tough lady!  Even Daniel says his wife is trying to kill him!  But I just wanted to see if I could do it.  I found this route just before my accident, I did it the first time and found it hard then!  Why on earth I decided to do it today after only a week 'recuperating exercises' I don't know!  Anyway, I did it, it was flipping tough, even to the stage of 'almost feeling' nauseous, you know that feeling, when you think if you carry on doing something you are likely to start to feel sick, but not quite!  Well, I reached that point today!  I did feel good that I did it, my body just wanted to crawl back upstairs and go to sleep!  I wish I had some of those endorphins or adrenaline or what ever it is that make people feel on fire after a good work out!

So there were are, all up to date.  Back to exercises, flying the flag for wearing helmets on bikes!  I still haven't gotten back on my bike yet, but I will! Honest!  Just got to find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment